so what do YOU want to do with the centauri dawn contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what do YOU want to do with the centauri dawn contest

today is the closing date. since this was and is a contest for the people of this forum, you tell me what you want us to do with it....
    [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited April 22, 2001).]

OK, I'm coming forward to say that if you extend the deadline for long enough, I will have a decent stab at it and get a SMAC short story in for the competition.
    Right now it's my final year in school so coursework, homework and revision are certainly piling in on me. I will need some time to write.

Of course, how long I need depends on how long you want the story. Is there a set number of words? How about a set plot? How many of the SMAC/X factions need to be involved? Do you want anything specific like conflict, diplomacy or anything like that?

I'll check back tomorrow to see if there are any rules like that or anything. I thought of maybe doing an induction ceremony into the Cybernetic Consciousness or something like that.

Waiting for your response.

SMACFAC
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

it's good to see there is finally some interest
      quote:

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic on 04-22-2001 01:51 PM
      Of course, how long I need depends on how long you want the story. Is there a set number of words?
      no

quote:

How about a set plot?
      no
      quote:

How many of the SMAC/X factions need to be involved?
      no set number, just that you have to use smac/x factions only(not any imaginary)
      quote:

Do you want anything specific like conflict, diplomacy or anything like that?
      neither

Comment

I definetly say extend the deadline. There's no reason the people on this forum can't pump out some good fiction for this contest. If your writing anyways, you might as well submit something. That's just my two cents.
        -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

I am a little disappointed that there wasn't a greater response to the contest. There are lots of great writers out there, and there have been a bunch of great posts in the past. The lack of submittals is NOT due to a lack of talent.

Here are a couple of options that come to mind: close it and let Edgecrusher get his prize; extend the deadline (but only if a few folks step forward to say they will submit a story); allow previously posted shorts to be submitted.

I'm split between giving the prize to Edgecrusher and extending the deadline. If no one expresses interest then I say give the prize to Edgecrusher.

Hydro

Comment

I haven't submitted anything yet, but I too would be interested...
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I was going to submit something as well, but like some others time just didn't allow it. I even started it. But I barely am able to contribute to the CC.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

So is this an official extension?
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I'm actually in the middle of writing a short(er) story for the contest, but my murderous real-life schedule for the end of spring prevented me from finishing it in time. If you extend the deadline, I'll do my searing best to get it finished.

Comment

Working...
                  X