Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments on "Spartan Chronicles" (vol. 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on "Spartan Chronicles" (vol. 4)

Well, skunked again. Goog's Spartan Chronicles Chat hates me and locks up my internet connection. This time rebooting didn't even help. I'll try next week.

Hydro

D4everman - thanks, and I'm glad you like it! It's nice to know someone is reading the venerable SC!

[This message has been edited by Hydro (edited January 15, 2001).]

Chat room for authors at 8.00 EST tonight

fall back will be ICQ chat (Hydro - you'll need to activate your ICQ, as will I)

Comment

G,

Your chat room hates me again tonight. This time it killed my internet connection and I had to soft boot.

Also, I blew away ICQ. It had hijacked my default Netscape page and I just couldn't stand it anymore, so it had to die. Killing it did no good (since that !@*&#@! ICQ page still taunts me every time Netscape activiates), but I felt better for a minute or so.

Hydro

Comment

Hmm - maybe I need to ditch the Bravenet chat room and put in a tripod or MSN chat room.

My guess is that there's no mileage in hijacking Vel's room 'cos it's Bravenet too.

I'll see what i can do this week as long as i have DSL (losing it for 2 months while I'm in Palm Springs)

G.

Comment

I experimented a little in my last post. I hope no one is offended.

Hydro

[This message has been edited by Hydro (edited January 27, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Hydro on 01-27-2001 10:04 AM
            I experimented a little in my last post. I hope no one is offended.

Hydro

Looks fine to me... I'm not sure what you thought might be offensive?

Comment

Very strange. I sat down to write a story for SC and a completely different one came out. I've noticed that that happens every once in a while - the story takes over and I struggle to try to capture it. My second SMAC story Bright Beginnings was like that and, now that I think of it, so was Godwinson's Hope and Learn to Overcome. Maybe this is the elusive muse that Googlie and Vel keep talking about?

Hydro

Comment

I finally got a post up! Woo hoo! Consider the Circle's butt kicked. Hopefully, I'll get an aftermath post up before then Monday. Anyways, if anything else I'm always reading

By the way Hydro, I like your Deirdre's Dairy stories too.

Anyways, I need sleep now.

------------------
                Argo
                "People want to believe what they see is true, even if it's only for the time they are in the playhouse. That's what theatre is, don't you understand? Showing people what they wish were true."
                -Robertson Davies "World of Wonders"
                -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

I meant Diary , honestly, I did. It was gone 12:30 when I finally finished! Give me a break
                  [This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited February 23, 2001).]
                  -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Hydro:

quote:

Originally posted by Hydro on 02-22-2001 09:58 PM
                    ... every once in a while - the story takes over and I struggle to try to capture it.

Hydro

I think that's what Stephen King means when he says that sometimes you become just the recorder of events you are "witnessing" rather than drawing on your imagination to develop a story line and narrate it.

Happens all too rarely, but when it does, it's exhilerating.

G.

Comment

I stole this post. What are you going to do about it?

**Ashaandi, eater of double posts

[This message has been edited by Hydro (edited February 23, 2001).]
                      [This message has been edited by Hydro (edited February 23, 2001).]

Comment

That must be what Steven King described in his book On Writing. I plan to read it again after my plate is cleared. And you are right - it is exhilarating, and fairly rare.

Oh, Argo and sen - great posts! It's nice to see Jess and friends in action again (and a first exploratory kiss - **sigh**). Good ol' Gecko's back in action too, and calling in favors. And what's up with Honshu, that little rat bastard? We'll have to see! Looks like Paul and Rose are playing nice, and their truce is holding. Good Hive Ops cliffhanger there - is Sand dead, and how about Ashaandi? I liked the part about Rose wanting to build a little probe empire under the Spartan umbrella - just what she would do (although she must hate Sparta's police state).

Hydro

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Argonaut on 02-23-2001 12:45 AM
                          By the way Hydro, I like your Deirdre's Dairy stories too.

She's milking mindworms?

Comment

Argo,

Glad you like Skye Journal. Since it is MP I have time between turns and I can weave stories around every day events that in SP I might ignore. So, I guess it is a series of micro stories held together with a chronological thread. It certainly isn't about grand themes, like SC or Wizard of C.

Hydro

Comment

To any readers who remain, Books 7 and 8 are now available for download from the Spartan Chronicles site:

Easy to use website building tool for your professional or personal website and blog, web hosting, domain registration, email and more at Tripod.com!

They cover the posts from July 17, 2000 (the end of Book 6) to date (June 16, 2001)

(And rest assured, we will be picking up the quill again - there is much business left unfinished on Chiron)

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X