No announcement yet.

Strange SMAX oriented dream I had.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange SMAX oriented dream I had.....

I had a very strange dream dream last night that was about SMAC/X...I woke up suddenly around 3 AM to go to the bathroom and I jotted some quick notes so I could relate it to you. I'm posting this in the fiction section because this seems to be where it fits in.

I personally wasn't in the dream...it was more like watching a movie...it was shortly after planetfall and I'm not sure what faction it was, though I feel it was the peacekeepers. As they began to get their act together something in planet's atmosphere mutated some of them...a small percentage..into 12 foot tall giants. It was completely random and the changed ones were normal except for being huge and that they were invincible in psi dueling with mind worms. (Ever wonder what a psi-duel with mindworms would look like? Man, so did I and this dream was vivid enough in that part that I actually saw it, and saw the worm explode into tiny crystal planetpearls.)

Naturally, these changed colonists were heroes in the way that they protected the others from worm attacks. My dream seemed to focus on a female giant who looked really hot...wierd...anyway, a group of the changed colonists decide they should take over causing the 'normal' colonist to kill them. (too bad my dream didn't include chaos weapons...it looked like the giants were simply mowed down with machine guns.) However the hot giantess had a teenaged daughter, who was, well, changed also. Seeing what was happening the daughter ran away into the forest. The remaining giants became 2nd class citizens...valued because they could fight mindworms but with hardly any rights because the people were afraid they'd try to take over again. Meanwhile the daughter made it to another faction's base. (again, I'm not sure whose, but I'm guessing Morgan) where she finds pretty much the same thing. She hooks up with a scientist who hides her because he's trying to find a way to make her normal. Then I woke up.....

Seriously, this was a strange dream. I wanted to get this down before the memory fades like dreams do. It'd probably make a decent short story. Anyone else ever had a dream like that?

D4
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Not to critisize anyone's dreams-specially ones including hot women (like Deidre or Santiago) but what do you think people would like like after they started to mutate to adjust to Planet (I've been giving this some thought)? How would they mutate? Would they become smaller to adjust to higher gravity? Would they adapt to atmosphere? And what do you think language would be like? Would it be some natural mix (like mixing English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese...) or some artificial mix like Esperanto? Or would it be English which might be required to join Unity project in the first place?
    Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

Had a dream last night... well, not exactly completly SMAX oriented, but somethings were in it. I was part of the Nautilus Pirates at some ground outpost, situated at my Grandparents place... The Air Cadets paraded into the woods nearby and never came back. then, we got an alert of a Spartan unit in the woods... so no wonder the air cadets didn't came back.
      After some harassment from Artillery or by some other pirate unit, the spartans came out of the woods. They were charging towards the outpost. I was a defence position and started firing my Fusion Laser rifle at them. When seeing them charging, they were just like the Infantry Units in Smax, with black painted Plasma armor, blue back packs and fusion laser rifles. I started shooting like crazy towards the woods, nocking down Spartan troop after another. Air Cadets showed up from behind, fleeing and wacking Spartans across the heads with clubs, rocks and fists. I think i accidently killed a air cadet running towards the outpost for safety, thinking it was a spartan soldier. :/ we defeated the spartans and me complaining "thats it? ahhh"

was interesting, first dream related to SMAC/SMAX :P
      I still remember my Starcraft related dreams :P
      just to show, i Play to much of SMAX and Starcraft :P

-LordLMP

Comment

Working...
      X