Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D4 Story Comments

D4,

Your stories are fun! They're in keeping with how I view the faction leaders, and their characterization is fresh and crisp. You've offered us a new twist on a sharp but ultimately unethical Zak (God of Planet) and a war weary Dee and her new friend, who offers a deal too good to be true (Deirdre's Deal). Keep 'em coming!!

Hydro

Goodness gracious, this place is catching speed! Yay! I liked your stories.. 'nuff said.

Comment

D2: Ditto on what Hydro said. Your characterizations
      are bang-on for Zak, IMO. Cool intellect overcoming
      personal fear; and even in the loss of his project,
      considering the next experiment. Good work!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by D4everman on 01-16-2001 12:52 PM
        I just posted a story about Miriam...even though during gameplay she's a pain in the ass and comes off as...well, a madwoman...I don't think she could be like that and still be a leader.

Just read it, and as the author responsible for the
        Believers in the Spartan Chronicles, I have to say I
        rather enjoyed it. You're certainly right that Miriam
        tends to come off as a crazy fanatic in most of the
        fiction around here; I've tried for a more balanced
        approach. She may be a fanatic, but she's not crazed
        and she's not evil. Not as a credible faction leader
        with the magnetic charisma that she's supposed to
        have, anyways.

Yang, too, tends to be written as a simple despot;
        however Allie Cove and Hydro both write an excellent
        Yang - chilling, remorseless, but very complex and
        certainly not a petty dictator.

Comment

I loved the stories D4. I especially like the story about Dee. I'm not a fan of the Gians but this is a cool story. It shows more than one dimension of her. Do you have any stories planned about the Spartans, or maybe on of the SMAX factions? My imagination wonders how the Pirates could build a successful faction from the sea.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Zakharov is just misunderstood- He is the best faction leader !!!!

-Good work D4!
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thanks guys!

I've been trying to write these srories with the personality of the faction leaders in mind. I don't see Zak as an evil man...but a person with few scruples when it comes to research. Kind of like the original Dr. Who (William Hartnell)

I just posted a story about Miriam...even though during gameplay she's a pain in the ass and comes off as...well, a madwoman...I don't think she could be like that and still be a leader.

Next to Zak, Deidre is one of my favs....In any short story I put her in I've tried to give her a harder edge. Yes, Deidre is a gentle, loving person...but the constant warfare and treats on Planet (at least to me) have given her a cold side....which in future stories might become a dark side...

I'm glad you guys liked my stories though! Thanks!

D4
              "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

Interested in playing the Believers in Chiron Chronicles? or maybe the Gaians?

-LordLMP

Comment

Working...
                X