I'm new here & have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new here & have some questions

Hi there. As I said I'm new here and have some questions. I'm writing a fiction about Spartans doing what they do best: fighting. So far it's about 15 pages long + couple of pages of who's who. Do you mind if I post it here? I don't want to steal attention from Spartan Chronicles or anything. The story is in context of Alpha Centauri (meaning no Crossfire factions). Other question is about proposal to do SP stories. I would like to do Command Nexus-if nobody hasn't picked it yet.
    Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Post away, I say! Rather than detract from the readers, additional posters might attract additional readers.

You don't have to ask permission to wite a story about the Command Nexus. Go right ahead.

Comment

Just post it on it's own thread. We love to read stories, the more the better. We don't bite .

EDIT: hmm... This is the first time ever I have pressed "clear fields" instead of "submit now", and of course somebody goes and posts the same reply as I would have posted while I'm writing the reply again...
      [This message has been edited by LightEning (edited January 20, 2001).]
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Wel said Raging mouse! When I posted about the SP stories I didn't mean it to be something where people said "I call dibs on the Command Nexus!". My intent was any number of people could write about the CN or any other SP. It would be fun to read the ideas of others!

I look forward to reading the excellent fiction this forum provides!

D4
        "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

aktarian,

Don't worry about stealing anything from Spartan Chronicles. If you get it first, then it is yours! I've found that every author has a different take on SMAC in his or her fiction, and I enjoy being the happy recipient of an author's creativity. The SMAC universe is big enough for everyone. So, I'm looking forward to your post!

I think you'll find we are a pretty friendly audience, too.

Hydro

Comment

Personally I like how two different authors take the same faction leader and make them into two different people. And how another author can make that same faction leader and combine the two and it works equally well. The more stories the better. Too bad I am not as talented as the rest of you guys here. I would love to share my vision of the SMAC universe but writing isn't my thing. But it is cool when I read your stories and say, yeah that's the way I see it. Or, when I say to myself, hmm never thought of it that way. I absolutly loved D4everman's The God of Planet. And I enjoyed reading the Wizard of Chiron. I read it like the Spartan Chronicles, mostly in a few settings. Of course with the Chronicles it was more than a just a few. The Chrion Chronicles was more of a read as they were posted deal, which worked well with the way they had it set up.

To the authors here. Your work is appreciated.
            [This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited January 21, 2001).]
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Hey, i suck at writing too :P will take me to long or find time to try right a story and sentence structure/spell/grammar check it through afterwards and post it. as for it being good or not is the problem :P

but i doing okay with Chiron Chronicles and you can join too if you like don't need a College Degree in writing to join

-LordLMP

Comment

Working...
              X