Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again about RolePlaying, though different this time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again about RolePlaying, though different this time...

Erm... I have taken the time to figure out those "Chiron" topics...

In my point of view, they are infinatly complicated

Perhaps... Just perhaps... We could try to set up something less-complicated next to that Chiron thing? Something that more closely resembles RolePlaying? I hope that some people will be interested...

Alisia,

If you mean game role-playing then you might mean play by e-mail (PBEM). The idea is that each player will role-play their factions for the tech, social choices, and relations between each other. The current role playing PBEM was started by Googlie, and I think it was his idea. It is over in Multiplaying and it goes by the name of RP1. The seven participants are Googs, Alinestra Covelia, Deismos, Xwaste, stuntman19, Hobbes_One, and yours truly (in the company of giants…). It has been progressing for since Nov 2000 (Classic SMAC, original faction leaders). Note that the purpose of this role playing PBEM is not to win, but to role-play.

One of the nifty features of this PBEM role-playing game is the running narrative (see the RPI Narrative thread under Multiplaying if you are interested). Each faction can post what is going on, and what they are doing, as the turns progress. It may turn out to be a first rate story!

If this is more what you were thinking then chime in. You might be able to get some takers for a new role playing PBEM! I’m enjoying myself, and love the pre-made fiction opportunities since all I have to do is describe what is going on.

Hydro

Comment

Not quite... I meant real RolePlaying. In example: you really are the Faction Leader, or assistant, or whatever

This means you are no longer posting about progress, or tech-developing. You will be posting about what happens to the Faction leader. This is all very much focused on diplomacy. Erm... It is quite difficult to explain. DarkCloud, perhaps you know what I am talking about?

Comment

I assume you mean that it would take upon RPG aspects and thus be like so:

It would chronicle Zakharov's life from his point of view and his inner conflicts in signing treaties, death-warrants etc.

Am I correct Alisia?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
        X