sorry about the typos in my last 2 stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry about the typos in my last 2 stories

I feel compelled to apologize. Rereading the "Deal with the Devil" and "How Morgan stole Planet Day" I can see how badly my typing was.

In my defense, I've been working wierd shifts and I was exhausted when I typed them. (I wanted to hurry up and get the stories down while the ideas were fresh in my head) Still thats no excuse for my not editing them before posting. My apologies, folks.

D4
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

D4,

Don't worry about the typos. I, for one, am sympathetic to the spelling impaired (being spelling-impaired myself). Keep in mind, though, that you can edit your posts to eliminate nasty spelling and typed-too-quick grammatical errors.

Now, about your stories. I find it strangely distressing that the SAME commercials are being rehashed in 200 years! ACK! Even worse, they are still effective - so much for the intellectual and spiritual evolution of humans. I don't have much to say about poor Zak. Betraying Dee does fit Zak's erratic temperament. My only gripe is that Miriam asked for way too much. I've never had the AI do that. Was this based on a real game?

Hydro

Comment

Hi Hydro.

Thanks for the comments. No this wasn't based on a real game, but I tried to make Miriam look a little greedy about it. My feeling was in that situation with her poor research skills, she'd pump Zak for all she could knowing he was desperate for her aid.

Also I wanted to show how Zak is a bit of an egomaniac. Even thuogh in this story he supposedly has a deep friendship for diedre, that he'd still sell her out if it made his life easier.

D4
      "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

Thank you for posting two new stories in this forum, we need all we can get.

You wouldn't perhaps be interested in joining the Chiron Chronicle story group would you?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Darkcloud

Thanks for the offer. To be honest, I'd love to join the chronicle, the only problem is my schedule is so wildly erratic I don't want to commit to anything I can't back up. (I'm in the army and I work really really crazy hours)

Still, if theres a way I can submit to it, I'll try. I have a coworker thats really into AC and I'll see if we can collaborate on some stories. (He's on leave right now so it'll be a few weeks.)

Anyway, I'll try to submit a few more short stories. I enjoy writing the short tales and I just hope everyone else enjoys reading them. I certainly enjoy reading the stories I find here!

Take care, and please, you can email me directly with a response.

D4

Comment

Hey, just wanted to say that I read both your stories, and I REALLY liked them! And I didn't find the typos detracting in any way, probably because normally when I write it's much worse! I especially liked the Miriam and Zak story. I think Miriam is a truly interesting character, and you definetly protrayed a neat side to her. It's interesting to look through everyone's stories and see all the different interpretations of her. That, and anything about bringing beer to the masses is all right with me!

-Argo
            -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Any story about Zakharov is A+ in my opinion...
              [This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited September 24, 2000).]
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
              X