Force of the Planetmind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force of the Planetmind

Yes! You heard it right! The Star Wars modpack will probably be the ONLY modpack to have it's own story! Episodes will be posted from time to time as progress in the modpack proceeds. See the AC-Creation "The Star Wars Modpack" thread for more details.

And now, on with the story...
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Episode One: Tremor in the Force
    Part One: Executor Deployment

Darth Vader kneeled before the holo projector aboard the Super-Class Star Destroyer Executor. Keeping his eyes closed, he waited for the familiar mehcanical click that meant the projector was activating.

The click came, followed by a voice, “Rise my friend."

Vader opened his eyes and rose to his full height. Before him was the face of Emperor Palpatine, the Sith Master and ruler of the allmight Galactic Empire.

“Three is a tremor in the force, my master.”

“Yes, I know. I have felt is as well.”

“It is more powerful then any life I have felt. More powerful then Skywalker. Yet, it is crude.”

“It is strong in force. But it is not a single being, but an entire Planet.”

“A planet, my master?”

“Yes. An entire world, born in the force’s light.”

“What shall we do about this force, my master?”

“Send a fleet to the Centauri system, near the planet Naboo. Set up a garrison there to study it, and then convert it to the Dark Side.”

“I will see to it myself, my lord.” Vader knelt again, but the Emperor was already gone.

Vader contemplated this turn of events. The tremor was there. Rich, powerful, innocent. The potential alone was worth any cost the Empire had to spend.

The Executor deployed the last of the probe droids, sending a rain of them down on the final planet in the Centauri system, Chiron. The probes streaked through the atmosphere and impacted the fungus-covered surface.

Then, the probes moved out.

(Empire faction revealed! See the AC-Creation “The Star Wars Modpack” for faction details!)

Comment

Images of falling probes filled one main screen of the council room, while landing locations appeared on another. The Empire’s mechanical invasion of Chiron had not gone unnoticed by those who lived on the surface.

“There are three probes altogether, two of which are in our immediate area. The other is slightly out of our range. Although we haven’t been spotted by the Imperial ship overhead, those probes won’t take long to pick up our settlement,” said the rather nervous technician.

Mon Mothma looked annoyed. As the President of the Alliance, they had moved to Chiron to establish a base to publicly oppose the Empire. But all their plans would be ruined if the Empire destroyed it before construction had even began. The fate of the galaxy, not to mention their lives, hung in the balance of keeping this planet a secret.

She said, “So this is in then. Get everyone to the escape point and arm the ion cannon. We’ll have to evacuate the base before they find and destroy it. Let’s go.”

“Trust your judgment on this matter, I do not!”

Jedi Master Yoda spoke up. It was rare for him to speak in council, preferring to leave matters of the base in the hands of the rebels. Although the rebels were technically here to protect Yoda and his Jedi team while they studied the mysterious force emitting from this planet, Yoda knew of Mon Mothma’s plan to establish her base. And he really didn’t care, as long as it didn’t interfere with his mission.

Mon Mothma looked at Yoda, “Do you have a better plan, Master Yoda?”

“No plan is necessary. The planet will protect us.”

Mon Mothma almost rolled her eyes, “I understand you believe this planet has a life force of it’s own, but I don’t see how it could poss-“

“Doubt me you do, yes. But listen to my words you must. Gives off strange waves this planet does. Halt all transmissions off-world they do.”

Most of the council just stared at him. For weeks now, they had been trying to figure out why their com hook-ups with the rebel fleet had not been functional.

“And how long have you known this information?”

“Since we arrived I have known. Never asked me you did.”

Mon Mothma looked like she was going to start yelling at the small green Jedi Master, but she let out a deep sigh and regained her composure, “Very well, Yoda. What do we do when the Imperials realize their probes aren’t working and come down to retrieve the information manually?”

“Retrieve the information they must not. Send people to destroy the probes you must.”

Mon Mothma was obviously unhappy, but she simply said, “Fine. I’ll dispatch teams to eliminate the probes. But I warn you Yoda, do not-“

Yoda’s ears went back as he cut off the rebel leader, “No, President! Warn you I do! Hear to protect my Jedi from threats are you. Nothing more. Forget that you must not.”

That said, Yoda and the two other Jedi on the council got up and left the room.

Mothma glared at the spot Yoda was sitting, then said, “All right people. Meeting is over. Get three patrols out to stop those droids.”

The rebels scattered to carry out their orders, leaving Mon Mothma alone in the council room, shaking her head and staring at the floor.

(Rebel Alliance faction revealed! See the AC-Creation “The Star Wars Modpack” for faction details!)

Comment

Working...
      X