Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mod Pack Story

2157 - December 13th, 20:46

The scene is a bleak one. The once flourishing planet of Alpha Centauri is now a deserted barren place. Disease has now spread over the remaining faction base. Chairman Yang sat slouched in his chair. They had only one chance. They had to let other mission's try to use the planet. The only thing that they could do is to destroy, everything of there's and of the dead factions.
    They had already destroyed the remains of the six deceased factions, all killed because of there greed. A young lieutenant spoke
    "I am preparing the final transmission, sir."
    "Very well, Lieutenant"
    Yang sighed.
    "Transmission ready chairman"
    Yang spoke up
    "December 13, 20:46. This is to be my final transmission. First of all, I thank you all for your support throughout this mission. However as you have known for a long time this mission was never going to be a success. The other six factions have now deceased, either because of us, or because of one of the other, now deceased, factions. It is not however, the fault of any of the one factions. It is the fault of greed, and of lack of structure. Please try again in the future, for it is a wonderful planet…

Beep, Beep, Beep.

"Transmission sent, sir."
    "Thank you," spoke up Yang.
    "The bomb is armed, Sir."

Yang sat in his chair. This mission, which had promised so much, was just about to end in 3 hours. Although all contact with the Chiron had thought to have been lost, the Hive had spent there last 15 years setting up a transmission to tell Earth what had happened.

Chancellor Kiht sat in the UN government chair. He twiddled his hands. If word of this ever got out to the press... well, he didn't want to think what would happen. All the knockers who though the mission would fail, would have a field day, and even the most strongest believers in the mission to Alpha Centauri would be beginning to have second thoughts.

Kiht head sunk into his hands. He would never admit it, but the strong man shed a tear or two that day. He knew the unethical but only reasonable thing to do was to send up a new crew. Yang was right, and he knew it. They must try again.

What do you think?
    Please feel free to add more
Working...
X