Information is the Key to Winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information is the Key to Winning

“Security Beta Patrol, reporting in, it’s quiet out here, get some Morgan coffee on the heater, we’ll be coming in soon.”

“No problem, beta patrol, we opened a fresh packet three minutes ago, it’ll be done by the time you get in. Remember to activate the sensor on your way in, although keep it low powered, the maintenance guys are working on the fusion power-plant on base.”

“Command…we got something on the scope…its probably just some spreading fungus, but we don’t want any mindworms coming unnoticed.”

“Alright beta, we’ll keep the coffee on the heater, report back in 5. Confirm?”

“Roger, Command…in 5”

----------------------------------------

These darn fungal fields, I hate walking through these accursed things. Their always trying to grab your foot or the rest of your leg… why in the heck was I assigned to this mission, and a specially with no number two with me.

Ouch…get the freak off me you stupid little wanna be vines. Theirs no way I can sneak up to the most heavily guarded base with all this fungal attacking me… heck I don’t even carry a flamer.

…What the heck was that… I can’t use my impact rifle….they will hear me…what the hell, looks like a rover…I hate knelling down in this stuff

Finally, they moved, the stalks were strangling me…come on legs, lets get the freak out of here…remain calm…only a few more meters till the sensor array…my photon suit looks good…power is stable…good…it can’t detect me this close…I need a better line of work.

---------------------------------------

“Beta patrol, this is Command come in…”

“Beta here… we scouted the fungal fields… nothing on the resonance scanner, we are planning on coming back to the barn…is their a problem?”

“Confirm that you activated the sensor array… we have zero readings from it”

“Command, I sent a rover to flip it onto automatic, he should be arriving soon”

“Roger beta patrol, your authorized to come on in… the coffee is just about right now.”

----------------------------------------

Shoot, the damn rover is coming back… I better get moving….what is next…the perimeter defense…this should be interesting.

What did sarge say, oh yes….keep your head down and pick off the guys quickly….great advice, although I think I should have learned more in three years of training.

Perfect, this little fissure in the rock, should be a perfect position, for me to do my little thing. A bit too small for my comfort though.

Finally… I get some rest…well if you call putting together a scoped impact rifle…rest.

Lets see, who do I pick off…there is about five guards by the entrance…a bit too many for a stealth mission…perhaps…perfect…that should do fine.

Image enhancement online… lock on upper torsos… pulse power online… discharge… and that’s all she wrote. I hate doing that… I joined this line of work hoping that I didn’t need to do that, but it seems I do it more than those infantry brats do.

Shoot, I didn’t think that these perimeters would be the new BF12s… guess I can’t blow my way in for that matter… guess I’ll charge the EMP.

5…4…3…2…1…discharge looks good on the eye scouter, the people know I’m hear for sure…but its to late for them to stop me…hear I come you university idiots.

---------------------------------------

“What the heck…sound the alarm…reading all lasers defenses offline…get on the horn with beta and the base council, they will want to know what has happened”

“I’m reading your transmission command…just give beta a second…we will be outside in a heartbeat…activating quick startups on all the rovers.”

“Beta…hold position…all systems back online, were reading Electro magnetic signatures all over…while your out their, why don’t you take a look at that sensor. If something got by that thing, we may need to tell council that we got problems.”
Working...
X