Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on Echus Aftermath

Jason,

Welcome to the world of SMAC fiction! I am always happy when someone posts a new piece - each presents a fresh perspecive and explores another place on Chiron. So far I don't think any author has done more than scratch the surface of its potential.

In your story Echus Aftermath I liked the atmosphere and setting you created, and can't help but be interested in what the Jasonians and PLP are. You've given us a taste. I can only hope more will be reveiled in future instalments!

Hydro

P.S. - I didn't want to post this to your story. This way I won't intrupt your storyline (hint, hint).

Hydro,

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like my work so far and I plan to keep going at least until part 5, which is the end of the "Echus Aftermath" chapter. Things will be heating up between the PLR and Jasonians pretty soon.
    I'm also a big fan of what you've written, and to recieve a complement from you is quite an honor to me.

Thanks again!

----------------

- Commander Jason
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Jason,

One formatting hint: be sure to put an extra hard return after each paragraph or section of dialog. The 'white space' makes the text more readable.

Hydro

Comment

Jason:

Just read the five episodes of chapter 1.

Good narrative, good vision and imagination

I esp. liked the way you blended SMAC concepts in (I've never built a plasma armored commjammer former, but now....)

looking forward to Chapter 2.

Googlie

Comment

Hey Jasonian,

Some good stuff there, I'm enjoying the story although we'll say nothing about the Mars Trilogy references such as " Underhill " and " Minus One Island ". You'll be calling one of your characters " Nirgal " shortly. Hehe. Keep it going, you've got another reader here!!

You might want to try and use different units other then just rovers ( but that's my bias, I'm a needlejet person, heh )

Good Luck ,

Slats

What lies ahead of us & what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Comment

Thanks your all your support! I'm having a lot of fun over here and things are about to change some more.

Keep reading, and I'll keep writing to keep things fresh.

- Commander Jason

(By the way, needlejets haven't been invented by Jasonia yet. But there's someone out there that has Air Power, and a trade might be happening soon...)

Comment

Teaser

Comment

Of course! I have to do SOMETHING to keep my readers!

Read on...

- Jason (no angry resonce)

Hey wow! I'm a "civer" now! How did that happen?!

Comment

After you make so many posts you become a Civer. It shows you've been around a fair bit and are a regular user due to the number of posts.

Happy?

What lies ahead of us & what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Comment

In case anyone's actually wondering why there hasn't been a story update on "Echus Aftermath," (*snicker* Yeah right!!) you can all blame my other faction leaders. Since I have 8 (!) factions, and each except the PLR have a leader, coordinating all these stories and telling everyone their background is taking forever. And it's not helping that none of them have even PLAYED the game before!

But hey, it's a story about people and struggle. You don't need to know the differece between a rover and a car to write about that.

Most of the 'faction openers' are nearing completion, so I should have some more things up soon.

Thanks for you patience!

- Jason (giving angry responces to his writers)

Comment

If I didn't know better, I'd think Jason was rather fond of the word "angry" LOL

-=Vel=-
                      (Who has only been truly angry twice in his whole life)
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Only twice Vel?? What a calm and collected person you are......

Comment

Working...
                        X