Comments on Toliman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on Toliman

Well, I've always said I'm from an alternate Chiron. This is a start as to why.

I got no idea if and when I can write more of this.

But tell me what you think!!
    "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
    -----------------------------
    Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Interesting stuff girlfight_club!

I've been eyeing the little lightbulb beside the AC-Fiction forum hoping it'd light up. I had this dreadful feeling that it's been forsakened as of late. Needless to say, you've just made my day! When and why did you decide to write something all of a sudden?

Are you looking to explore what would happen if Captain Garland wasn't killed? Hmm, maybe you shouldn't answer that. I know Yoshi has someone in mind for the newly vacated position... but do you?

I like your story; I hope you choose to continue your work!

Comment

It's a good start, and intriguing from the beginning.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Meet Thea Petalas, another of the people who gave me the Chiron I come from...

Please enjoy the latest Toliman Prelude installment, featuring an unforeseen consequence of Jaydo's 'departure' and a match between brawny technicians to resolve an issue of biogenetic science...

GFC
        "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
        Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Great story!
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Mmm, do I see a clash coming between the gentle giantess with quite some survival experience and a well trained 'dwarf'?
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

A bone for Bearcat

Last month, Bearcat asked on another thread:

What happened to the AC-Fiction forum? It used to be a thriving place with lots of threads, but now it seems barren and deserted. Where did all the writers (and readers) go?
              Frankly, I've been off doing other creative things since January. But it's interesting he pointed out "barren and deserted" because that was part of the theme of my next Toliman Preludes installment which I began, but didn't finish, back in September. It also touches on the background of the Christian States, which I'm calling the XSA.

Here's the thriving opener of Prelude 3, to give you a taste. I think I'll finish it soon; when I do, it'll be in the main Toliman thread.

Chin up!

GFC

---

Dr. Una Nawese was experiencing a common phenomenon of 21st Century America. She was looking at a skewed-angle close-up of the upper left quarter of a person's face on the screen of her phone. As normal, the eye filling half the screen was shut, and her conversation companion was not speaking. At least not aloud, and not to her.

QLs had been popular for years; little multifunctional hands-free wireless devices carried on the left wrist. Nawese was using hers as designed, holding it just below eye level for optimum legibility, while the auto-frame camera kept her head neatly centered on the QL screen of the person she was calling.

But as happened more and more frequently in the Christian States since the Pax Decay, the person she was calling was praying. And so Nawese spent her time waiting for Unity Psych Chaplain Miriam Godwinson to finish speaking unto God, by looking up her nose.

She had counted up to thirteen little red hairs before Godwinson got to 'Amen.'

(tbc)

Comment

-- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Upon the howling demand of Cataphract in another thread, I'm posting part of the next Prelude: "Deliverance".

I wrote most of this 3-12 months ago. Sad how much in reality some of the attitudes in it are becoming.

It's a cliffhanger as it currently stands. No completion date is set...

GFC

Comment

howling

2nd looks rough,but good(but you mentioned that so it dosnt matter)

yeah,it dosnt seem like scifi i see all those attitudes already
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

They say the best fantasy is at least one part in five reality.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X