What is considered fiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is considered fiction?

I have been working on an idea for a scenario for a multiplayer team-game and have produced a "chronology" of events for the first fifty years of Chiron's colonisation. Would people be interested if I put it here, or does it belong more properly in the AC-Creation forum?
    Trithemius
    ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Hmmmm, so your post here would be a "fictional" account of what's going on in a scenario you would be playing?

I know Hydro plays some games, then recreates them and adds more flavor to them to create a story. As far as I can see, I think you can post it here...I don't mind.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
      Hmmmm, so your post here would be a "fictional" account of what's going on in a scenario you would be playing?
      Designing actually... but hopefully playing one day.

I know Hydro plays some games, then recreates them and adds more flavor to them to create a story. As far as I can see, I think you can post it here...I don't mind.
      Good enough for me!
      Trithemius

Comment

The chronology of Chiron, background file for a scenario I am working on tentatively entitled: Planetary Year 50.

Comments please.
        Attached Files
        Trithemius

Comment

The Church of the Believers, outnumbered and surrounded, initiates a campaign of “martyrdom operations” against the allied factions; primitive radiation bombs are detonated inside the forward positions of the allied factions resulting in massive casualties. The allied factions respond in kind and the Church of the Believers is eradicated, one base at a time, through the use of tactical nuclear weapons manufactured by University Enclave scientists. Miriam Godwinson is obliterated, along with her headquarters, by one of these devices during the final hours of the ‘Siege of New Jerusalem’. Former Church of the Believers’ territory is polluted with radiation, greatly reducing its capacity to support life.

‘Conservation of Planetary Ecosystem Protocol’ fails to be ratified
          Deidre Skye attempts, during the annual Planetary Council session, to have a protocol prohibiting what she describes as “the rampant exploitation of the Planetary environment” ratified. The United Nations Council and the Children of Gaia ratify the protocol, University Enclave and Morgan Industrial fail to do so and the Human Hive abstains. The measure fails and Deidre disconnects from the session in protest.
          That would be Deidre.

Trial of Sinder Roze and the Data Angels’ League

Nwabudike Morgan attempts to bring the Data Angels’ League before the Planetary Council on charges of unprovoked aggression. The other members note that “aggressive purchasing strategies” are part of Morgan Industrial’s own repertoire of corporate techniques and are not prohibited by the United Nations Charter.
          The case is dismissed and Nwabudike Morgan accuses the other members of being bribed or blackmailed by the Data Angels’ League. The other members make no further comments on these accusations or on the case.

Overall, I like the fact that you utilized aspects of the game. I think the timeline is rather good. Shoot, it looks like if you wanted to, you could go back and go more indepth into the events on Chiron to describe them better.

I like it.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
            Overall, I like the fact that you utilized aspects of the game. I think the timeline is rather good. Shoot, it looks like if you wanted to, you could go back and go more indepth into the events on Chiron to describe them better.
            It's something that I would like to do, discuss specific battles in the wars, determine who developed what technologies and when, bring in some minor characters so it isn't just the the faction leaders; university work is occupying me at the moment though (and I am not talking about Network Nodes).

I like it.
            Thanks! That's what I like to hear!
            Trithemius

Comment

I wanna see more, Trithemius.

I'd like to see one more chapter or two posted, because I like seeing stories with good characterization.
              Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

I'll probably "zoom in" on some of the events mentioned in the timeline at some point in the future, when I have less assessment due.

I was wondering if people could help me with something though. In the document I posted, the continents are still referred to as FirstContinent and SecondContinent. These were place-holder names that I put in until I could think of something better - I forgot to change them to something more interesting. I was wondering if there were any suggestions for names of Chironian continents?

I thought about "Chariclo" and "Ocyrhoe", the lover and the child of the mythological Chiron. I am thinking about "Deianira" for one of the larger islands, but is that already used in SMAC?
                Trithemius

Comment

I like the two lovers names. Use them!

I'm not sure about Deianera. Wasn't that the name of Hercule's wife?

Anyways, I think thats a good name. It should be used for the large island with the Garland crater, Mainfold nexus, and Uranium Flats.
                  Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Deianera is the island near the north pole on the planet map.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
                      I like the two lovers names. Use them!

I'm not sure about Deianera. Wasn't that the name of Hercule's wife?

Anyways, I think thats a good name. It should be used for the large island with the Garland crater, Mainfold nexus, and Uranium Flats.
                      Hercules, Nessus, and Deianera are all involved, mythologically (Nessus lusted after Deianera). Aren't Nessus and Hercules the names of the moons?
                      Trithemius

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        Deianera is the island near the north pole on the planet map.
                        I should take a look at the 'Map of Planet', but my computer is still not here yet. *sigh*

I've been thinking about renaming some of the landmarks in the game. Mount Planet might become Mount Pelion (just for the "centaur" reference) and I need to think of a new name for the Nessus Canyon since Nessus is used for something else (a moon?). I just don't much like the name Sunny Mesa, its rather boring afterall, and I have decided that I will rename (and alter in appearence) The Ruins so that they are called the Mounumental Plain.
                        Trithemius

Comment

Just read the time line. Quite impressive. I like the way you described the fall of old factions and introduced new factions. Look forward to see more details.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I remember in game...

"Hercules B has reached perhilion. Expect native life activity to increase dramatically."

So I'm assuming Hercules is a sun or something?

Nessus is definitely a moon, as said by Nessus Mining Station, or something like that. I think it was one of the orbital things you build to increase base production.

Comment

IIRC, the primary sun is Hercules A, and the secondary is Hercules B... I'm not sure if they renamed Proxima Centauri or not (the star which is technically the third in theAlpha Centauri system, but which is about a light year away from the rest).

Comment

Working...
                              X