PBEM Stories, Spartan Chronicles, and other bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM Stories, Spartan Chronicles, and other bits

Sorry for my long absence. I’ve been a tad delinquent in posting here, and it’s not due to lack of material. My PBEM stories with MasterBuilder continue unabated. We finished Paradigms a while ago and I’ve been neglectful in posting the results (the Word file is huge at 1.6 MB and 459 pages).

Whining aside, part of the reason that I haven’t posted is that I’ve eliminated viewing AC at work. I used to judiciously sneak a peek and post before work, lunch, and after work. That was OK, and not in violation of company policy. But then AC started having those nasty popups. They are annoying, and I can live with that. What I can’t live with is having them generate an automatic message from my company saying I’ve visited an illegal/banned gambling (or other more sordid) internet sites. I got one notice saying that further ‘violations’ would result in my supervisor being notified. The result: I deleted the AC site from my Favorites at work. Sadly, my home internet connection is a SLOOOWWW modem, and long posts are a more than tedious affair.

I’ve resolved to do better, though. I’ve posed as much as I can stand in one sitting to Paradigms, more to come in a day or so. When I’m done with that I’ll start posting the results on the PBEM-in-progress entitled Alien Dreams.

One question to those who follow the PBEM style stories: Would you like to post some of the turn maps? It can be helpful to see what is going on where. It wouldn’t be that hard. I’ll I’d need to do is dig out the old PBEM ZIP files and the passwords.

Another option is to send the ZIPped Word file to those who want it. Any interest?

As to Spartan Chronicles, I’m afraid that there were too few posters to keep that going. Winston, Lindsay and I tried to take that on by ourselves but the weight became too much. There was too much history, and the spark kind of died. Rather sad, actually, and Santiago (despot that she is) deserved better (and the nasty aliens deserved a real good thumping of a permanent sort). Maybe we can do an epilogue to tie things up?

Hydro

Hydro, I really enjoyed your PBEM's and stories!

Sorry to hear about your internet problems at work.

An epilogue would be good, as long as you think Spartan Chronicles absouletely, 100% can't be finished or continued. I for one am sad to see it end abruptly, just when things were starting to get exciting, especially with the Progenitor invasion and the Planet Busters.
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Well I'd be interested in finishing the Chronicles - after 2600 pages I'm sure 2 to 3 hundred should wrap it up.

Part of my inactivity was that I started spending winters (the high-activity writing months) in Palm Springs (a high-activity golfers' paradise) and allied to a really uncomfortable computer accessing position I stopped those long sessions hunched over the laptop. I've been going there for the five winter months the last 4 years now

So the fiction dried up

Back in Vancouver, I'm working in a much more salubrious environment, and anticipating next winter being spent largele here, so am looking to carry on with A Stepdaughter of Gaia (Megan's tale) and have been thinking about the Chronicles and how it might be satisfactorily wrapped up.

Hydro - I'll e-mail you with some thoughts

G.

Comment

Welome back, Googlie. Glad to see you're interested in finishing Chronicles. I want to see how it ends, with the Humans and Progenitors, the Planet Busters, etc.

Stuff was getting really good then BAM! Chronicles disappeared.

::: prays for Chronicles to come back and finish up :::

Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Finally getting my butt in gear and keeping Mind or Muscle updated and continuing the laborious task of getting Paradigms posted (I'm ~ 2/3 done). Apparently, some folks on the Democracy Morgan team are interested.

On a side note, I noticed the upcoming new Chiron Chronicles is considering adding aliens into the mix. Interestingly enough, MasterBuilder and I finished a PBEM game Alien Dreams (#7) where it was the PKs (MB), Gaians (me) against 5 evil blood-sucking, bone-crunching aliens. It was really, really nasty for the humans, and it was one of the few games where a human player came close to being wiped out by the AI. I’ll start posting Alien Dreams when I’m done with Paradigms.

Haven’t heard from Good yet about SC. I should get my butt in gear on this, pull some ideas together, and e-mail the Good-Meister…

Hydro

Comment

Five aliens! Gosh! I guess the only comfort is that they can't ally with each other.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Hey hydro would you be interested in playing a pbem game against me..then each of us putting up a story version of it? Same story just different perspectives? (Lal against Yang, Zar against Miriam perhaps?) let me know!

Enjoying your work, if you guys want some help with the SP let me know did the subs for a bit, then had to leave.
              A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

dacole - e-mail me and we can discuss...

Comment

Working...
                X