Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha Centauri TV serie - Wouldn't it be GREAT??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri TV serie - Wouldn't it be GREAT??

I am the biggest Alpha Centauri fan and I think it would be wonderful!!!
    Do you imagine? I've made a list of the seasons:

1- What happens after Unity's launch; the voyage; captain's assasination, the mutiny.
    2- Creation of the seven factions' bases.
    3- Lindly's story (Deirdre's friend) as presented in the game.
    4- Creation of the SMACX factions and arriving of the Aliens.
    5- war between the aliens and the struggle of the new leaders for power. Lindly's death. Deirdre talks with Planet.
    6- Preparing for someone's trascending and destruction of the aliens.
    Etc...

I don't know of actors but I have always compared Deirdre with Enya, the singer, or something like that.
    What do you think?

It sounds like an idea, but i would much rather see a SMAC big-screen production!

Comment

Sounds interesting; but I think as a TV series SMAC wouldn't last six seasons. Remember what happened to Star Trek: the Next Generation?

Welcome to AC-Fiction, by the way.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Yes, SMAC the television series ala Babylon 5! In my mind that would be more in keeping with SMAC since it had a defined and compelling storyline, and a wonderfully integrated cast of characters and events. In short, it made sense. While I really liked ST:TNG it was essentially a series of 1-hr shows with only minimal continuity. SMAC would require much more than that, and about 100 1-hr episodes might just about do it: from launch to transcendence!

I'm not sure I'd like SMAC-the-Movie. Unless it were something epic like LOTR it would lose something in the translation, and it might get filled with shallow cliches with a thin plot. SMAC would need to be deep, and (as before) B5 sets the standard for me.

Comment

I think it is do-able. I'm thinking that they would probably need to go CGI or something.

Good to see another person in the Fiction forum!
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Who would you cast for the roles of the faction leaders?
            "I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber

Comment

Julianne Morris for Colonel Santiago. I just like Julianne Morris.

Comment

Michelle Rodriguez as Col Santiago
                Morgan Freeman as Morgan
                Jean Reno as Lal

Michael Madsen as Domai
                Brad Pitt as Svensgaard
                Annallise Braakensiek (sp?) as Aki Zeta 5
                If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no percerptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it.
                -Sun Tzu 'The Art Of War'

Comment

an old skool thread proposes this (in the AC-General Forums)...but, what the heck...make room for the new guard. Anyway, my pic:

Jet Li as the Chairman Sheng-ji Yang

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Brad Pitt as Sven? All the more reason to kill him immediately. But then, an eternity for him in the punishment sphere might be nice, too.

Ahhhh. I can hear the screams now...

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro
                      Brad Pitt as Sven? All the more reason to kill him immediately. But then, an eternity for him in the punishment sphere might be nice, too.

Ahhhh. I can hear the screams now...

Franky - I forgot about those photos from the old skool thread! There's definitely a resemblance.

Comment

Man, didn't you post a couple pics there? Jeez, we are old timers buddy.

Comment

I would prefer a full-blown movie. Series would be too dragged on. I remember trying to watch Enterprise when it started but never finding the time to...

But come on - Gillian Anderson as Sister Miriam!
                          That guy from Independence Day (you know the scientist that gets killed by the aliens in the research lab?) as Zakharov...
                          What about Halle Berry for the cybergrrrll Roze?
                          ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                          ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Cybergod sighting!

Oh, dude...you have to create an index.html for your homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                              Cybergod sighting!

Oh, dude...you have to create an index.html for your homepage.
                              LOL, bizzarely enough I HAD an index.html a while ago... dunno what happened.

BTW who'd play the aliens? Imagine a slight touch of Doctor Who... (or maybe not :rollseyes: ) Kelly Osbourne? Cher? Anne Widicombe? Jack Nicholson?

I dunno why but I'd have to place Ozzy Osbourne somewhere in the film, give the Ozzy man the full attention he deserves :P Along with perhaps Jessica Alba for Deidre? Anyone?
                              ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                              ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Working...
                              X