Freezing after a few turns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing after a few turns?

Playing multiplayer using hamachi with two human players and the rest AI. My son and I are both using hamachi with me hosting and wireless connections and the game starts and runs through the first ten turns or so great. Upkeep then comes up and the game freezes. I can send chat messages, browse the map but neither computer responds to any actions except resign/quit. Any ideas?

hi, dididave. welcome to the SMAC/X section of Apolyton!

i never experienced freezes playing on Hamachi. anyway i do not recommend playing with a wireless connection.
    do you have both games patched? also do you have the original/same alpa/alphax.txt file?
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Originally posted by bdanv View Post
      hi, dididave. welcome to the SMAC/X section of Apolyton!

i never experienced freezes playing on Hamachi. anyway i do not recommend playing with a wireless connection.
      do you have both games patched? also do you have the original/same alpa/alphax.txt file?
      Hi!

Unfortunately, house setup means no choice but to play wireless! Games are being patched as we speak. Original text file yes.

Comment

let me know if is still freezing after the patch.

Comment

The patch stops the game loading, says it is an incompatible CPU! Uninstalled it and the game runs fine apart from multiplayer were my original problem persists.

Comment

for the CPU message use this link.

Comment

Thanks mate, everything is working great now! Multiplayer heaven

Comment

have fun!

Comment

Working...
                X