PBEM just for fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vyeh View Post
    Start a SP game with the seven factions listed on the first post of the TTT in the order listed (you can choose anything for the rest of the settings). Once you have planetfall, quit the game.
    @ironwood: you can do that, but when you have more that one SMAX PBEMs you should use Mart's iniswap tool. you have all the help you need there.
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Thanks. I've only got one SMAX PBEM going at the moment, but I'll remember the tool if I somehow end up in more than one.
      To those who understand,
      I extend my hand.
      To the doubtful I demand,
      Take me as I am.

Comment

I suppose you can also use the tool if you start a SP game with different faction order.
        Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Since all of you have now registered at the new WePlayCiv site, I'd like to move the TTT to the AC MP forum there.

I've created a clone of this forum.

The TTT will have the same opening post.

The active players profile has the same format.

It has the same moderators, Solver and Illuminatus (known as Jack Hawksmoor on WePlayCiv).

I think WePlayCiv is down less often (while I had trouble accessing 'poly this Monday afternoon, I had no problems at WePlayCiv). If I'm wrong, you'll still have the existing TTT and 'poly for communication.

In addition to improved access, a second CMN, Darsnan, is there.

Is it OK if I move the TTT?

Comment

OK with this relocation, but i really don't think that moving all games there it's the best option. killing the SMAC section over here it's not in the interest of the community.
            alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

I'm interested in moving the 2 TTT's that I CMN. Wealth of Planet moved because the replacement player wasn't registered here. There is no reason to kill the SMAC section here. I'm not asking anyone to move, only to become dual citizens. Having two sites where everybody is registered helps when one of the sites is down.

And having two sites is safer.

Comment

I am OK with the move too.
                ::Zsozso::

Comment

As long it's for the best, no problem.
                  All your base are belong to us

Comment

Also, it's becoming hostile for me.

Comment

You have to admit, you are promoting that site pretty heavily, mentioning it in just about every message. I, for one, wonder what the reason is for the duplication of effort, and can't help but wonder if there aren't some personal issues in the background. Apolyton has been central for a very long time, and I just can't see an effort like this unless something has happened.

You're CMNing, so of course, I'll honor your decision. I'm just wondering, that's all.
                      To those who understand,
                      I extend my hand.
                      To the doubtful I demand,
                      Take me as I am.

Comment

Yeah, there are personal issues in the background, but they aren't mine. Darsnan left 'poly a month ago.

Somebody I trust contacted several of us to warn us about a brewing storm.

Without being partisan, there was a fight that involved admins/moderators taking sides against each other. And there were bad actions on both sides.

One group of those admins started a new site. One of the founders was a co-moderator of this forum. The other co-moderator is now a moderator there.

Several active members of the SMAC forum who have been here longer than I followed the moderators.

It is more fun for me to interact with these people.

The one thing lacking in the new site was a MP forum. Some pestering on my part and they created one. I've spent a lot of time making it look and feel like this one because I don't know how the bad blood will work out.

The provocative post in SMAC general may have been because SMAC forums are one of the few remaining game forums here and there are Off Topic posters looking for fresh audiences.

The reason I mention it in every message is because there has been very little activity in the general forum because every other regular poster had left.

I'm not asking anyone to take sides. Frankly, from what I've seen both sides are at fault. What I'm suggesting is dual citizenship.

Keep options open.

A little competition might result in the new Apolyton administration making this a better place.

I hope you can admit that even if I am promoting the site, there is no justification for that kind of language in a forum that women and boys might visit.

Comment

I'd be in favour of a move.
                          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                          - Anon

Comment

Hmmm, maybe the reason has something to do with this:
                            http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185186
                            ::Zsozso::

Comment

vyeh, Please can you close one of the TTT's for this as things are going to get confused if we have to double post on two different sites.
                              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                              - Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X