No announcement yet.

New PBEM Classic SMAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again Vyeh you have gone above and beyond what we could possibly ask. Thanks very much indeed!
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Wait until I deliver. Still waiting for mmontgomery.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• I just replied. Had to work late, and just got home.

Comment

• A million thanks to vyeh for going into all this trouble to help us out in this game!
          ::Zsozso::

Comment

• I attached the fixed file in the TTT.

FF sent me a file that was ready for him to play. I've produced a fixed file for FF (now SJ) ready for him to play.

I've tried as much as possible to make the files the same.

Differences:

(1) The AI's are a guess. I ran them automatically and looked at their position. I did follow mmontgomery's suggestion and give each of them a new base in a prime spot near their existing bases.

(2) I couldn't replicate accumulated labs, so everybody has the tech they were researching in the old file. I chose new techs for each player. If you don't like it, choose change research goals. You'll lose half the accumulated labs, but it won't be much.

(3) One player got an extra 2 credits and an extra nutrient in a base box. Another player's former will only require 2 years to complete a task rather than 3 years. There was no way to avoid this (I iterated several times modifying my scenario and trying different tactics in the turn I set the passwords.) Where it was a choice between a player losing a little or gaining a little, I went with gaining a little.

(4) All players are at transcend difficulty in the fixed file.

(5) FF (now St Jon) and mmontgomery had their energy reserves adjusted to reflect the cheaper SE cost they had under the old file.

(6) A couple of bases will go into drone riot when the player opens the file. For one player, this is the natural consequence of the previous year's move (there was a SE switch. For zsozso, he got a drone riot a year after when he expected (it was his report that brought the problem to light).

Please note that St Jon will have to convert the save provided by me. The link is to a thread with a Mac to Win converter.

I use a Mac. If you don't convert the file, you can open it, but you can't save it. It is important that St Jon convert the file first, then open the converted file and play it. Otherwise he can't pass the game along.

Please report any observations in this thread. If there are any issues, it won't be much problem to fix them. In particular, I was using locusts of chiron to reveal map squares. I think I deleted them all; obviously, if I forgot one, it would be like having a super scout. If you find one, just disband it.

Comment

• Thanks again Vyeh, all seems to have worked perfectly.
              - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by zsozso View Post
                Thanks vyeh again!
                I don't want to complain and ask more work from you and another round of fix and replay, unless the same problem happened for other too, but I did notice a small glitch: the unity-droid former which used to be independent is now being supported by one of my cities (the one closest to it, Virgin Soil). If other players do not have this kind of problem, then I can live with it. Just raising the issue in case it happened for others too and they did not notice now only later deeper into to game.
                That's an easy fix. After florin79c has opened the save and looked at the position, I can easily fix it.

Could everybody please tell me what needs to be fixed?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to reveal something to the other players.

Regardless, when I fix zsozso's problem, I will again check the new positions against my notes of your old position.

Comment

• My Former is Independent. I've played the Turn and sent on to Monty though. Did you need it before zsozso gets it?

All else is fine with my position - apart from Drones here, there and everywhere! LOL
                  - Anon

Comment

• Send Monty an email telling him not to play the turn..

Comment

• A revised fix has been posted on the TTT.

St Jon should download it. Everybody will repeat a year (in St Jon's case, 2 years). Note the ' after WoP. Please keep the ' on until 2127. Make sure you send the ' version. And make sure you receive a ' version until 2127.

Zsozso should check in 2125 and 2126 that the unity former droid is independent. If it isn't, don't send the turn on.

Comment

• Who has the Turn?
                        - Anon

Comment

• St Jon,

While you are waiting for the turn, you might be interested in reading Vel's strategy on playing Morgan.

Comment

• Thanks Vyeh. That's I chose them as always seem to lose and cannot work out why. I don't think I've managed it at Transcend, even against the AI!
                            - Anon

Comment

• I think you will find it a useful article.

Vel starts with:

"Probably the most underrated faction of the original seven, Morgan is terrific if played correctly, but a novice will probably have to work a bit to get the faction humming. This is mainly due to the fact that Morgan’s playstyle is somewhat different from the others. If you’re playing Morgan, then you’ve got to make the most of your one big advantage, and that’s money."

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                                Who has the Turn?
                                According to the TTT thread, you sent 2127 to Monty. So it should be his turn, I have never received 2127 from him. I'll try to send him an email and ask about it.
                                ::Zsozso::

Comment

Working...
                                X