Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 player TCP/IP game (with 5 AI)

Hey guys,

I'm up for an internet game vs. one other human player.

It would be according to the following rules:

-original factions only (university, peacekeepers, hive, gaians, spartans, morganites, believers) or switching the gaians for the cult of planet
    - no supply crawlers
    - no use of obvious game glitches like queing projects that already have been finished, switching social engineering more than once a turn, etc.
    - fast paced action, no long number crunching tactics that you have learned from the internet or something. It's not a math class but a game supposed to be fun and relaxing
    - map will be 'large map of planet', and every player gets 3 veto's to start again if you dislike your starting location
    - slow research on
    - no transcendence victory
    - intense rivalry on
    - rest standard
    - transcendence difficulty

Everything above is discussable of course but I prefer to play against someone with the same mindset as I who is not a die hard technical AC multiplayer player, but rather someone who enjoys single player and wants to extend that same gameplay with the addition of a human opponent

I am close close to ending a H2H and have nearly taken my Smacx disc out of the PC.

Yes I am up for a game. I am not sure about slow research on but I can live with it.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Slow research is still too fast for me, I like to have research slow because it allows you to make use of an army longer without having to upgrade it almost right after you built it.

So lets set some date then. I dont really mind set dates, because its just 2 players. Can you play say tomorrow 9 GMT. If not, propose something else.

Comment

Are you talking TCP/IP or pbem?

Comment

Yeah... right. Did you even bother to read the title and the post

Is anyone else interested in this

Comment

You're right all I saw was:

I'm up for an internet game vs one other human player.
            and the slow research,' on'.

And I assumed it would be a cross between TCP/IP and Pbem.

Comment

Monday Dec 8th.

20.00 or 21.00 suits. I 'll check in at both times. I think I am back on GMT.

Comment

Fast paced, large, slow research ... those seem like contradictions to me
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

'fast paced' as in 'fast turns' (tight time limit)

this is the reason why he left the IP league
                  alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Ok signing in.

Comment

And again.

Comment

Working...
                      X