looking for opponent/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for opponent/s

for 1/1 game, on small or tiny map; first 30-50 turns (several hours) through TCP/IP, the rest by PBEM or another TCP/IP sessions; I have plenty of free time so I will probably be able to accept your preferenced time

rules to be decided, except that I expect at least 1/turn per day on PBEM

I will gladly play several such games.

hi Kazik

You have been very patient both here and in other threads.

I'll give you a game.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

so let's contact through hamachi, I saw you online several times but you never replied

Comment

Originally posted by Kazik
        so let's contact through hamachi, I saw you online several times but you never replied
        I know and each time I had business to attend to, such that I couldn't set aside 3-4 hours for Smacx.

I was just playing quick turns in other Pitboss CiVgames.

Comment

ok, but next time you log into hamachi be sure to have 4 hours haha !
          Last edited by Kazik; December 14, 2008, 23:12.

Comment

hello there, I've beem playing this game for years now, never actually found an active online comunity of players to play with, So Im dying to play a few games. Im also making a Barack Obama Faction. So, if anyone is interested hit me back at edcdavila@hotmail.com or myspace.com/atticus306

Comment

Welcome atticus306,

Yes there is a small but still thriving community here playing smac/x.

I am sure you are aware of the the multiplayer options.

Pbem: Play the turn, save it and send to next player. There are several games running here, but the game can take 1-2 years on average to complete and personnel can change.

Multiplayer via Hamachi: allows live onlining gaming, which has significantly enhanced the TCP/IP option. However it gets cumbersome with more than 4 players in a game. In a 7 person online game you could be waiting 30 minutes or more, for your next turn, after the initial early building and stuff. Some of these games then revert to Pbem.

So that's why, from experience, players here seek games via Hamachi.

There is another fact to consider. When 2,3, or 4 players get together on line, the game generated could be unbalanced in terms of fairness and spread of resources.

That's why most players look for a game designed by someone like Mart. but with mention of new factions I assume you know all of that.

Again Welcome.

Comment

What is Hamachi?

Comment

Working...
                X