Looking for Multiplayer Buddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Multiplayer Buddies

Hi, I'm looking for Alpha Centauri multiplayer buddies. I don't want to play by e-mail--I prefer playing over TCP/IP (live) and I'm reachable via AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, and ICQ. I've been playing since 1999, and as such would only prefer to play with people who are very skilled and experienced in this game.

If you're interested please give me a way to contact you through one of the above online messengers.

http://www.orientalistics.com/robert...hacentauri.jpg
    http://www.orientalistics.com/robert/temp/alphacentauri.jpg

Anyone at all?
    Last edited by jonloovox; February 21, 2015, 04:19.

Comment

Well yes there are a small number. Just it is the summer holidays and students are away.

Take a look at the

here

TCP/IP thread.

We have found that playing via Hamachi is the most reliable method except it can get unacceptably slow with more than 4 players, particularly if turn based rather than simultaneous turns.

But please read the thread to see where we are atm.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

But hey,

jonloovox, welcome to the forums.

Another problem is arranging times for the live sessions.

If you just want a head to head (H2H) and with AI, I can go with that.

But remember it would be a random map, so the rules would permit either player after X turns to declare it void.

Anyhow if interested, I am game.

Comment

hey, im now on holidays and have plenty of free time to play I'm available almost any day between 9am-23pm GMT.

I have ICQ, but don't use it, but I can turn it on during game/ preparation . Let's contact through mail: kazikr EEE gmail AAA com

Comment

Originally posted by Kazik
            hey, im now on holidays and have plenty of free time to play I'm available almost any day between 9am-23pm GMT.

I have ICQ, but don't use it, but I can turn it on during game/ preparation . Let's contact through mail: kazikr EEE gmail AAA com

Ok will do.

Comment

It may be just a coincidence but are you, Kazik and jonloovox, the same person.

I know the flags are different etc. No problem, if you are, because of a temporary holiday login. But doubly great if you are two new Smac enthusiasts.

Nowadays its just a bit rare to have 2 new Smac posters showing interest in Tcp/Ip, turning up almost on the same day.

Please advise.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. And nope, we're not the same people. Do you have an online messenger I can contact you on to set up games?

Comment

Kazik, jonloovox:

I don't mean to be pushy. Are you aware that we are running a demogame in the AC General forum?

The link I've provided is the Index, News & Welcome thread. It is very short and I've just updated it!

Feel free to ask any questions or make any comments in the general utility thread (you can think of it as a garbage thread - PLEASE, PLEASE don't post in the demogame's turn posting thread!)

The game is designed by Mart. The faction we're playing has no factional characteristics (no bonuses, no penalties, no social engineering restrictions). The AI have all been super charged. There has been an accelerated start.

We're thirteen turns in and just beginning to explore the sea around our land mass.
                  Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Hi please contact me on sgtslick_aus AT hotmail DOT com for smacx or smac games TCP/IP. Am online alot, I use msn messenger. Or just shoot me an email.

Comment

Working...
                    X