Proposed 2 verses 2 team game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed 2 verses 2 team game

I have been playing some 1 on 1 with mmontgomery, and I think I would like my first PBEM game to be a 2x2 team game with mmontgomery as my partner. I have spoken to him about it, and he has agreed.

So we would like to find another pair of players that would like to partner against us.

As for how the game is set up, the only thing I care about is that the game is 2 vs 2, with no computer players, and that the teams have a balanced start.

So, if two people are interested in partnering against us, please post. You get to pick everything: map settings, banned factions, rule variations, etc.

Any takers?

i'm interested, if i can manage to convince Florin79c to join me.
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

in

Comment

Sounds good! Why don't the two of you agree on the rules and setup, and we can ask a moderator to set us up.

That balanced version of the vets map looks good, but you can pick any map or random setup that you want.

Comment

ok. vets map balanced version, but we keep resources the way they are (without randomizing them like Mart did in Old PBEM 2).

***edit***

bonus resources were part of the balanced starting positions
          Last edited by bdanv; February 19, 2008, 09:29.
          alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map size | Vets Map
            Ocean | Custom
            Erosion | Custom
            Life | Custom
            Clouds | Custom
            Pods on | Yes (have to be added by the CMN)

Difficulty | Transcend

Transcend | Yes
            Conquest | Yes
            Diplomatic | Yes
            Economic | Yes
            Cooperative | Yes
            Do or Die | Yes
            Flexible start | Yes
            Tech stag | Yes
            Spoils of war | No
            Blind research | No
            Intense riv | No
            No survey | Yes
            No scatter | No
            No rnd events | Yes
            Time Warp | No
            Iron man | No
            Rand person | No
            Rand social | No
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what we have for Old PBEM 2 and i think we can go with the same setup, thow we ( me and Dan) do not agree on pods. Withouth pods we have balanced map

What we want is to establish contact betwin team mates at the begining of the game. This was the point in Old PBEM 2 and we still got that rule not to. Let's try to do things right tihs time.

I'l take PK again

As for places i think we can replace Marky with Wdplays

What do you say?

Comment

Sounds fine with me. Just decide if you want pods or not. I prefer pods, if that weighs in at all, and it affect which faction I would choose, but as I said, the setup is your choice.

I read through the Old_PBEM2 setup. Are we keeping the same faction restrictions (no Univ, Morgan, CyberCon, Pirates, or Aliens)? Are we keeping the rules restrictions banning copter and attrocities?
              Last edited by Marky; February 20, 2008, 15:59.

Comment

ofcourse

Comment

OK, just tell me whether we have pods or not, and I'll pick a faction.

I'm new to this forum, and not sure about names. Would it be offensive if I referred to you as Florin and Dan, or would you prefer that I use your complete user name? I know this sounds like a silly question, but I always have to look back at another post and see exactly what the user name is, while Florin and Dan I can remember. But if you prefer your full user name, this is not a problem. I was just wanting to find out if I can use the short name.

Comment

silly

Florin and Dan is ok

Comment

I really want to get this game kicked off, so I will make the executive decision to have pods, which I think makes the setup exactly the same as Old_PBEM2. Is this right?

I will take Gaia.

Dan and mmontgomery, what factions do you want?

Since Mart set up Old_PBEM2, I will PM to ask him if we would be willing to set up this game. Let's call it Marky's Excellent Adventure, or MEA for short.

Comment

If Mart will place pods random, he will random the resorses as well, that why we dont like it

Marky's Excellent Adventure < Cool name

Comment

I did not know that pods and resources were linked.

Well, if you want to play without pods, that is fine with me. I just thought you and Dan were split on the subject.

If you don't want pods, I will go with Free Drones, because mmontgomery has convinced me that Gaia without pods really sucks.

My email is markmayhugh TA yahoo TOD com. I usually check my email once in the morning, and once in the evening.

Comment

I will try Data Angels regardless of whether there are pods or not.

Looks like we need a final decision on pods; florin79c wants no pods, if bdanv agrees, then no pods.

We also need bdanv to pick his faction, and then we can start.

Comment

We also need to agree on turn order. I propose:

Dan
                              Florin
                              Monty
                              Marky

Comment

Working...
                              X