Old pbem - TTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree.

Is there an issue being voted on now? Who are the candidates and what are the votes?

Comment

• I think you have the turn, so you will find out soon...

and this counts as a notification:
      Originally posted by Florin79c:
      Now that i've made contact with you all, elections are in order
      alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• Originally posted by bdanv
        I think we are missing one important rule:

Council notification - ...
        It's a good rule and since majority already agrees on it, I added it to the ruleset.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Let me tel you how i see this. If nobody called it yet, nobody has spoted the rest, so why do you need time to negociate when you cant comunicate with ppl that you have not spoted yet? And that's a rule to , and i think it has more sens the what you are asking. I did give you a fare worning on forum, so why all the fuss about it? Monty is the only one who can detrone me , but only if he bribes sombody, thing that i did not wanted to hapen befoure the elections. I think i've played fare ......

Comment

• Bribe someone before the elections? People might vote for me just because I am such a nice guy.

Of course, I would show my gratitude to anyone who did that.

From a realism standpoint, by calling a council meeting, this puts everyone in touch with each other, so that they can talk before they vote.

Comment

• My point as well

Comment

• turn to florin79c

Comment

• 2152 to alexx

Comment

• 2152 sent to Dan

Comment

• 2153 to Florin79c

Comment

• 2153 to alexx

Comment

• to monty

///
                          I've promised myself I will not complain. Last turn I've lost 2 units. That was a hit but I thought I can take it.
                          No complaisn, it's life....
                          But I load present turn and what do I see?
                          5(five!) combat losts, 0 combat wins!
                          CP, 2 formers, scount, all went @^%# themselves!
                          2 bases are totaly empty and near one there are 2 big worms appeared out of nowhere.

I won't win this game. Those worms are eating me alive...
                          Would you be very angry if I surrender now?

Alexx
                          Last edited by alexx; December 16, 2007, 16:59.
                          All attack is call for help :)

Comment

• is it all about winning? cose i only like to play :P

Comment

• Originally posted by alexx
                              Would you be very angry if I surrender now?

Alexx
                              so soon?
                              even though I'm far behind I'm still enjoing this game.

Comment

• Turn To Dan. I had to reload the game, because it crashed. My wife wanted me to do something for her in the middel of my turn, and when I got back, the company mandated screen saver had locked the screen. After I unlocked it, the game crashed. Note to self: if I have to walk away, save and exit first.

I can understand Alexx's frustration, playing Morgan under this situation.

I have never seen as many mind worms as in this game, and I have played abundant before.

I was orginally planning on moving to Free Market early on, but given the abundance and aggressiveness of the worms during the first 10 turns, I did not think I could handle them with a 30% penalty (from -3 Planet). So I moved to Planned. I was still having some difficulties with worms, so I moved to Green, to pick up the 20% bonus, and maybe capture a few worms. There is definitely something going on, because in the last 2 turns, I have attacked 8 mind worms, and captured zero (I would expect an average of 4).

But back to Alexx's situation, he just can't afford to stay in Free Market with this level of worms. (Alexx, I hope you have switched out off Free Market for now). But that means Morgan can't capitalize on his biggest advantage.

So Alexx, I can really sympathize with your situation, and I have already made a mental note to never taken Morgan if abundant native life is selected.

But I encourage you to try to stay in the game. One can never tell how the dynamic of the game will shift. If you get your worm situation under control, you may yet be able to become a force in the game.

Good luck, Alexx!

Comment

Working...
                                X