Coming out of retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archaic
    No, I can't find it sorry. Probably best that Flubber just plays on from the turn he's already received.
    Sorry -- I had not checked here for a while-- I should be able to play tonight
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

No problem.

As for the tracking thread...shall we just keep it here for now?
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

So where's the turn now ?
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Here it is

I didn't quickly see an email from bdnav and poly is hanging a LOT for me (when at work) so I am hoping that this emssage gets through
          Attached Files
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            I didn't quickly see an email from bdnav
            Sent by PM to you and Archaic.
            alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Thanks

Has the turn moved on?

Oh and looking at the game I can see that everyone except Archaic faces an uphill battle. I mean the guy has the Virtual World, PEG, Empath Guild and HGP that I can recall. So Bases can go to size 3 drone free with free net nodes and energy banks

Oh well the vets map is usually fun so although I disagree with a lot of what my predecessor was doing, (why send out a colony pod to locations where its PTS size 3 will starve down a pop point or two -- seems to defeat the idea of the PTS) it should be fun until archaic crushes us all

Perhaps I am just a pessimist

Comment

2152 sent to Archaic. Sorry for the delay, but ... ... I have something like a mountain to climb
                Last edited by bdanv; November 30, 2007, 01:58.

Comment

Sorry Herc, couldn't remember your email. ^^;;

FYI, there's a reload on this one. Forgot to apply the compatibility patch on the reinstallation initially, and got a crash as it loaded.

Oh, and Flubber....I fully expect you to fire off your second Planet Buster ever at me during this game.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Turn 2152 to Flubber.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Oh, and Flubber....I fully expect you to fire off your second Planet Buster ever at me during this game.
                      err-- nope-- I'd say you will transcend before I could get close to a PB. Now that you pacted with me, I can see how bad it is.

Oh well-- I'll have a bit of fun exploring the vets map again-- I had forgotten how powerful it was --

Comment

2153 onward

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure Flubber. It's been *ages* since I last played this. I doubt I'll be as strong as I once was. Looking over your cities in the base summary screen, it's apparent you're established in the center. You could easily surpass me.

...of course, I haven't tried my old continuous GA booming yet...

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure Flubber. It's been *ages* since I last played this. I doubt I'll be as strong as I once was. Looking over your cities in the base summary screen, it's apparent you're established in the center. You could easily surpass me.

I have serious doubts. I need a rec commons, net node and energy bank to make any base equal what you get from the outset with your SPs. If I had 20 more crawlers (reflecting that you spent yours on the SPs) I might be happier. I have won games without pretty much any SP you can name but usually I had some other advantages to compensate. Looking at this now we ALL trail you badly in units and productivity.

I'll give it a shot but your start is most impressive.. I am not entirely happy with what my predecessor did but its not terrible. IN any event, it might be fun to try.

After this though I would like to take you on in something from the start. Although if this start is an example of your skills, I fear my game is not up to the challenge.

MY recolection is that I only played you twice before -- one time was a very early game in your PBEMing ( I think it was an earth map-- you were uni, quantaga was Drones and there was a good player as morgan over in North America-- we also had supposed enhanced alien opposition but they weren't really a factor) and the other I inherited an excellent position and fired my first ever PB which pretty much immediately ended the game IIRC.

Comment

2153 to Archaic

Comment

2153 to Herc.

There's another game where we've played together before Flubber. A head to head game. Can't remember where we stalled exactly, but you were the Drones to my Uni, and things were...interesting, to say the least. I have a very tight land mass, compared to your open one, and your sheer industrial production was starting to ramp up to overtake me and my massive research and economy.

Comment

Working...
                                X