Announcement ! tcp/ip players needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next game

I will be available from Fridays to Satudays. at 20h GMT 0:00 to 4h.

I will take the Cult of planet, or the Beleivers if we are playing SMAC.
    Let us make we more poems.

Comment

Re: Announcement ! tcp/ip players STILL needed

THIRD GAME UPDATE (in progess):
      started October 26, Players:
      Eldramnatico (Gaians) - leading by far
      bdanv (Drones) - still hopping
      Florin79c (Peacekeepers) - SURRENDED
      Settings: SMAX, standard rdm map, abundant native, tech stag+no tech trade.

Current situation: to be continued PBEM
      alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Re: Announcement ! tcp/ip players STILL needed

TCP/IP game next weekend (16-18 November)
        FOURTH GAME (coming up):

We'll be using Hamachi - You can download hamachi v.1.0.2.1 here: http://hamachi.cc/download/list.php
        You can see here how it works: http://secure.logmein.com/products/h...howitworks.asp

If you want to join us please post:
        -the hours when you are available
        -preferences for factions, map, scenario and the settings for the game.
        Please PM for Hamachi network and password.
        For comunications please use MSN messenger

Players till now (waiting for at least 2 others):
        ........................SMAC............SMAX...... .........email
        Eldramatico......Believers......Cult of Planet....orcbienvert TA msn TOD com
        bDanv..............Gaians..........Data Angels.....bdanv TA hotmail TOD com
        Settings to be decided.
        Last edited by bdanv; November 12, 2007, 04:33.

Comment

At this moment in time, next weekend looks good for me.

If Smac = Spartans

If Smax = Cycon or Drones
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I guess i could play a game. Just wondering, is there some odd thing that wouldn't allow me to play unless I have the regular Alpha Centauri disc?
            Because I do not want to have to search for my regular one at the last moment.
            The only one I know the whereabouts of is my Alien Crossfire.

Also, I guess I will play University of Planet (for either version), and any rules are fine with me, but I do tend to like map of planet, or huge map of planet.
            I am pretty much unrestricted by time, though I do live in EST if anyone was wondering, so try to not make it TOO much of an odd time for me...

Comment

10pm GMT friday sounds fine, that'll mean 9am saturday for me, which is good.

I want cycon. But if hercules insists, then i'll take Hive.

I want to play Large map. Standard is too small, particularly if we have 7 players. Even Huge map could be fun, except it will lag if its huge map. I think Large is good enough.

Comment

Oh, the only problem that I can see is I can't continue it on sunday... Saturday 10pm GMT is fine for me, but not sunday, because this is monday for me, and i have to work.

Other settings I think we should play average worms, average, sea, average erosion. Transcend.
                Still no tech trading?? What else, definatlely tech stagnation OFF, random events off, pods OFF.

Comment

I agree, standard is too small.
                  Drones please.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Re: Re: Announcement ! tcp/ip players STILL needed

UPDATE ON THE FOURTH GAME
                    TCP/IP game coming up next weekend (16-18 November)

We'll be using Hamachi - You can download hamachi v.1.0.2.1 here: http://hamachi.cc/download/list.php
                    You can see here how it works: http://secure.logmein.com/products/h...howitworks.asp
                    Game starts: Friday 10pm GMT (seems that's a decent starting hour for Australia and North America)

If you want to join us please post:
                    -the hours when you are available
                    -preferences for factions, map, scenario and the settings for the game.
                    Please PM for Hamachi network and password.
                    For comunications please use MSN messenger

Players till now (waiting for at least 2 others):
                    ........................SMAC............SMAX...... .........email
                    Eldramatico......Believers......Cult of Planet....orcbienvert TA msn TOD com
                    bDanv..............Gaians..........Data Angels.....bdanv TA hotmail TOD com
                    TheGreenLink.....University....University........?
                    SmacxVeteran....Hive ..........Cycons.......sgtslick_aus TA hotmail TOD com
                    Hercules...........Spartans......Drones........... .?

Settings: large map. Everything else to be decided.
                    Last edited by bdanv; November 13, 2007, 03:38.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenLink
                      I guess i could play a game. Just wondering, is there some odd thing that wouldn't allow me to play unless I have the regular Alpha Centauri disc?
                      Because I do not want to have to search for my regular one at the last moment.
                      First of all: WELCOME !!!!
                      I don't think you'll have any disc problems. Anyway we should meet online sometime just to be sure. Do you have Hamachi installed? I'll PM you Hamachi coordinates.

I am pretty much unrestricted by time, though I do live in EST if anyone was wondering, so try to not make it TOO much of an odd time for me...
                      10 pm GMT is ok?

@ everybody: If we start 10 pm GMT, I can play for about 5 hours. Sunday is off, because of SmacxVeteran, so I think we should meet only on fridays, and, maybe, PBEM the rest on the week, just to keep the interest up ... and then revert to IP ... What do you think?

About the settings: with so many players on, I think simultaneous moves is a must, even if I would have preferred the turns. I also think we should add a time limit to the turn.
                      Transcend is ok, but only if TheGreenLink agrees (don't know yet his skill level and if he ever played on Transcend).

Comment

I'l try to make it in time for this, but i'm not 100% sure that il make it. I finish work with 1 hour befoure the start(if i finish), so it will be a close call.

Comment

Any skill level is fine, because I plan to play quite a bit to brush up on my skills, but no, I have never beaten Transcend at least not for a fairly long time (I only have recently started playing again. Funny thing is, I played this when I was around 10 or 11 and enjoyed it quite a bit.).
                          On another note, PM me for my MSN, as I don't like posting it.

Anyone who is willing to play me on Hamachi some other time just PM me there.

Just a warning, like I have said, I am not the best player in the world, but I learn quickly, so I am going to be playing quite a bit until the game starts, but as you all have probably got much more experience than me. Long thing short, I DOUBT I will do too well.

10 GMT is fine, as that is only 5:00 PM here, though any time beyond that is OK as well, as long as you don't have me stay up until around 3-4 AM in the morning.

On another note, I wonder if I am the youngest one here... XD
                          Last edited by TheGreenLink; November 13, 2007, 16:01.

Comment

Umm, sorry about this, but unless you can SOMEHOW change the time to Saturday, for this week only, it wont work, I just realized it was my mom's birthday on Friday... XD
                            Anyways the rest of the Fridays should be fine, but this one most likely will not be, UNLESS something else pops up, because my mom plans another trip to go somewhere for Thanksgiving (which is next week), but we should be back on that Friday, if not then I am truly sorry and you can just play without me...
                            In fact, it wouldn't bother me too much, though I hope there is an alternative, if you just played THIS time without me, and the next time I can play (hopefully).

Comment

Looking forward to the game guys - We should have some kind of wager on it, or something like, the winner gets some kind of advantage in the next game or something...

So have we decided on settings? Is tech trading dis-allowed in this game?

Comment

Or at the VERy least start up a Ladder system between us guys. And after 8 games or something, we'll see who is on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X