No announcement yet.

Announcement ! tcp/ip players needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it had started on time I probably would have stayed until 02.00, but there was still uncertainty when I left. But I note what you say.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Sorry guys!!

Was sick. Couldn't wake up that early, because i was feeling unwell. Was sick entire weekend.

Anyway, i'll play this weekend if i'm still invited

Comment

• I think the game should be played every week, and if people don't show up, then either AI replaces them for that session, or a replacement can replace them for that session. The following week, they can resume control if they wish. What do you think of this rule, at least this way, it will keep the game ticking.. A transcended AI, with infrastructure and supply crawlers, would be competitive I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmacxVeteran
          I think the game should be played every week, and if people don't show up, then either AI replaces them for that session, or a replacement can replace them for that session.
          We can't load the game if we can't satisfy all passwords in the lobby. Mart is the only one who knows all passwords and we cannot ask him to be online everytime we have an IP session. I think I can act as a CMN of the game, but in this case I won't be playing... , or if you all agree ... i will take a neutral role (as PKs or something like that) and i won't score any points. I can do also some more scenarios (i have some experience and Mart will help me too).

If we want to play a scenario and have balanced starting positions then we need to do something about it. There will always be someone late/missing and we are going to postpone this League game again and again. So, what do you think of my proposal?

Originally posted by SmacxVeteran
          The following week, they can resume control if they wish. What do you think of this rule, at least this way, it will keep the game ticking.. A transcended AI, with infrastructure and supply crawlers, would be competitive I think.
          We should also discuss what happends to the points of the person that misses one or more IP sessions.

***EDITED***

Pls. post also your preferences for this friday starting hour and try to be there on time, or at least let us know that you will be late/missing.

Originally posted by Hercules
          At an agreed time (10 -15 mins either way) who ever turns up play a game (league or non league). All pwds must be sent to say, mart7x5 and or another.

So for example IPgame(5)90 (with 5 players) could continue, if all 5 turn up, but if only 4 of the players turn up, then the IP game (4) 111 would continue. (where of course players are identified)
          I think 15 min. is ok. After that the CMN should turn the missing factions to the AIs or choose another scenario.
          I will make a post for every game started (league game or not) in this thread. (players, settings, current situation, status of the game, etc)

Are you interested in continuing IP game #10 (started February, 8)? If you are, i will start the PBEM in a new thread.
          Last edited by bdanv; February 11, 2008, 05:42.
          alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• Few personal thoughts

- 4 players seems to work best in multiplayer games
            - dont know about you but i really liked the non simultaneous turns, although it could be faster. I dont know what you were doing but uselesses and I were done in a matter of seconds each turn while it took LC and Bdanv considerably more time. Not accusing you of being slow ****heads or anything but if we work on this it could be almost as fast as simultaneous.
            - letting AI play for you when you cant make it is the same as commiting faction suicide. The AI might be somewhat capable of building his faction, but when it comes down to diplomacy and war you will be wasted.

Comment

• I think you should play bdanv. You are a good player, and the most reliable. Why doesn't mart just give you the passwords, I trust u.

Comment

• Originally posted by bdanv
                Pls. post also your preferences for this friday starting hour and try to be there on time, or at least let us know that you will be late/missing.
                Nobody?!

Comment

• I'll be there and my starting time 21.00 preference.

Comment

• uselesses cofirmed too

Comment

• Let's try a bit of advance planning, depending who turns up.

Bdanv
                      herc
                      uselesses
                      Andijvie

eldram
                      L.C
                      FlorinC
                      SmacxVeteran
                      Hobbes

ATM this is our basic pool of IP players.

Comment

• So the first section would be 4/5 human player games: No AI
                        (to be discussed) and players would sign up to play:
                        IP4:1 (4 human player games):
                        eg :
                        Bdanv
                        uselesses
                        Smacxveteran
                        L.C

That would be IP4:1

IP5:1 (5 human player games).
                        Hercules
                        Hobbes
                        Andji
                        Eldram
                        uselesses

That would be IP5:1

When full, players sign up to IP4:2 and IP5:2 and so on.

Maybe even IP7:1

Ideally most of the maps would be balanced for the IP series.

But a mix of players may turn up and just go for it with a random map with no league considerations.
                        Last edited by Hercules; February 14, 2008, 19:23.

Comment

• Oh and submit your password to Mart7x5 or other neutral person.

Comment

• Can we continue last weeks game?
                            Even if we just continue through email I dont mind.

Comment

• I'd like to continue it some time but not by e-mail, one pbem game is enough for me. But it looks like we will have a different crew tonight so probably a new game (scenario maybe) or maybe even IP9. I'll be there tonight, by the way. 21 pm is okay for me

Comment

• I'd like to play but your times are difficult. I'm GMT +2.
                                If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X