X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like a new game.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Also can we decide about stockpile in the build queue after a unit build as opposed to a facility.

Also does everybody know how to use crawlers if they want to.

Comment

• Hi Gabi

Comment

• Are these bugs Herc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
            Hi Gabi
            Hi Herc
            alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• Originally posted by uselesses
              Are these bugs Herc?
              The stockpile one is. It gives an slight incremental energy advantage over players who don't put it in the queue, if allowed.

Using crawlers isn't a bug. But many players overlook how to use crawlers to bring in resources to a base. Also many use crawlers to rush build a special project, cashing maybe 10 at one time to instabuild a secret project.

It became such a dominant feature that many players beelined to Ind. Automation asap.

Comment

• Elian sent 02.02.2008 05:32:
                i don't know where to post my preferences, so here they are: Tech trading: on, blind research, Simult moves, playing the Gaians

Comment

• NEW LEAGUE GAME SETUP

Code:
                  Preference	|Herc  |bdanv |Eldram|SmacxV|Florin|L.C.__|Andijv|useles|_____ |_____ 

Factions	|    ? |Angels|Gaians|    ? |    ? |Univer|    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?

Scenario by Mart7x5
                  Map size	|    ? |Standa|    ? |Large |    ? |Small |Chiron|Large |    ? |    ?
                  with medium everything

Difficulty	|Transc|Transc|    ? |    ? |    ? |Transc|    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?

Simultaneous	|    ? |Off   |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |Off   |Off   |    ? |    ?
                  Transcend on	|On    |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |On    |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Conquest on	|On    |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |On    |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Diplomatic on	|On    |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Economic on	|On    |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |On    |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Cooperative	|Off   |Off   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Do or Die on	|    ? |Yes   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  Flex.start	|    ? |Yes   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  Tech stag	|    ? |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |Off   |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Spoils of war	|On*   |On*   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Blind resrch	|    ? |Off   |On    |    ? |    ? |Off   |On    |On    |    ? |    ?
                  Intense riv	|    ? |No AIs|    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  No survey	|    ? |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  No scatter	|    ? |Off   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  No rnd events	|Off   |On    |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |Off   |Off   |    ? |    ?
                  Time Warp	|    ? |Off   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  Iron man	|    ? |Yes   |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |    ?
                  Rand.person	|    ? |No AIs|    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |Off   |Off   |    ? |    ?
                  Rand.agenda	|    ? |No AIs|    ? |    ? |    ? |    ? |Off   |Off   |    ? |    ?
                  * Except when Cycons in the game.

Comment

• Last night was the worst playing experience I ever had with SMAX
                    I think we all agree that game #9 was fun. Lots of fun! The only problem was the unbalanced starting positions and that can be fixed in a scenario.
                    So why change everything when we had something good going on? Large map (or huge), blind research, tech trading on, random events ... and we've got what? A much slower game, were luck is more important that skill.
                    I'm not happy with that. I don't consider myself a lucky person. I never get resources were i need them, i don't get AAs or techs from pods. It's a fact.
                    Also, I found myself swapping techs for the sake of it. I had to do it just to be able to stay in touch in the power graph and the result was that 20 turns into the game (after 3 tech swaps) i was doing a breakthrough in 23 turns. The only meaning of this is that i had too much techs compared to my research capabilities.
                    More to that: you can go to war with some guy over the ocean and find out when you land that your army became .... obsolete.
                    I'm not trying to impose anything. I'm just saying that we are going the wrong way. We had less action/fun and more talking. That's the 'calling fever' i'm talking about. IP games can't (shouldn't) be played like PBEMs. If we don't finish a game it in month (4-5 IP sessions) then we won't have a League.

Does any of this make sense to you?
                    Last edited by bdanv; February 2, 2008, 06:55.

Comment

• I like slow science, at least it doesnt make your army obsolete 3 turns later and it gives the game more depth.

My issues with tonight are:
                      - unbalances/too close to eachother starting positions. There was one square between my first base and hercules first base.
                      - long synchronizing, which is due to number of factors which bdanv, LC and me are looking to find a technical solution for. More on this hopefully later.
                      - simultaneous gameplay. I dont mind waiting. The most annoying thing I found was warring with hercules and most battle "luck" comes down to being the one who can move his units first next turn. This adds a lot of stress and nervousness to warring, something that takes the fun out of the game, especially one that is supposed to be turn based.

I think waiting is something we should all accept if we're going to do 4+ player games, but we should strife then to make the waiting bit more fun. If you are on a balanced starting position you can build your 'empire' without fear of others mingling and you will have more fun and less irritation when waiting.

That said. Now, could you please explain to me what league games are exactly. The link didnt help me very much, is it for points?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andijvie
                        That said. Now, could you please explain to me what league games are exactly. The link didnt help me very much, is it for points?
                        Yes: points, standings, etc. But i won't loose my time organising it if the games will encourage luck over skill. It's a nonsense. I'd rather choose a H2H with Florin79c (that's how it started).

Comment

• Originally posted by Andijvie
                          simultaneous gameplay. I dont mind waiting. The most annoying thing I found was warring with hercules and most battle "luck" comes down to being the one who can move his units first next turn. This adds a lot of stress and nervousness to warring, something that takes the fun out of the game, especially one that is supposed to be turn based.
                          It's not true that you have to wait the time the others are playing their turns. As I remember you can always micromanage your bases and call the others between the turns. So you just move your units when you have the turn and micromanage and comunicate with the others in between.

Comment

• Actually put me down for Cycon.

Also sim turns off

Tech Stagnation: if by 'Off' is meant normal tech discovery pace, I am for that.

I usually prefer directed research, but don't mind blind.

re Mapsize: as large as IP can tolerate with 7 factions.

The remaining options I haven't answered, are the same as Bdanv.

Comment

• Hi guys, i think turn based is better than SIM moves, sim moves i only used to use in H2H and when we were NOT warring. otherwise its whoever can move there units first!

Oh and Bdanv is right. You can change your build ques and communicate to other factions etc. during turn based when its not your turn, so there is plenty to do.

In relation to other points, I think a large map is a good size. Standard is too small. and Huge is too loooong a game.

I think blind research takes out the skill of the game and tech stag slows the game down too much.

No tech trading is an ok idea. I don't mind either way...

Finally, if the scenario map is made for this weekend, then i'll play. It probably won't be at home, but i'll play one way or another.

Don't give up Bdanv, we'll get a good game going once this map is created! (thanks Mart for creating it!!)

One thing I forgot to mention, in terms of the map specifications, i think standard everything is good. Except LARGE map.

1st Faction Preference: CyCon
                              2nd Hive
                              3rd UoP
                              4th Spartans
                              Last edited by SmacxVeteran; February 3, 2008, 07:55.

Comment

• Hi guys

I will join this game if we are to play it this friday. I'l be at work till
                                22.00-23.00 GMT time, so if we start afhter that time i will gladlly join you

I'l play PK , as allways

Map size Large

Difficulty Trans

Sim moves off ( cose it will be a chaos)
                                Transcendent on
                                Conquest on
                                Diplomatic on
                                Economic on
                                Cooperative on (cose we are so many)
                                Do or Die on
                                Flex. Start on
                                Tech Stag. on
                                Spoil of wars on ( i have not play this in a long time)
                                Blind reserch off
                                No Survey on
                                No scatter off
                                No random events off

About trade betwin us off

Have i not aswer somthing?

Comment

Working...
                                X