X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pb with multiplaying with hamachi

Hello everybody !!!

I'm a great fan of SMAC.

I would like to play with a friend on internet in the same time. We are using Hamachi 0.9 because some people can play with it.

With TCP/Ip protocol we can see the server of the other but we cannot join the game. There is no error message the return on the main page.

With IPX protocol we cannot see the server of the other indeed the message displaid: "no game was found"

If you have a solution please answer me

Thx a lot

I'm fairly sure you should be using TCP/IP.
    When I was doing TCP/IP with Hamachi, it had problems if everyone didn't have the same version (if you've both got 0.9.9.9, I'm not sure what to say about that)... we were also using the beta, so you may want to try getting that instead (1.0.0.61).

If it doesn't give you an error message... I'm not sure how much help we can be. Have you made sure everyone has downloaded the same updates? (v4.0 and XP compatibility)
    There is no greater wealth than wisdom, no greater poverty than ignorance; no greater heritage than culture and no greater support than consultation. - Ali ibn Abi-Talib

Comment

Thx for this fast answer

i'm using hamachi 0.9.9.9. i will try to play with hamachi 1.X beta.

We installed the same patch in the same time so i don't think that is a version problem. I'm using Alpha centauri planetary pack. The problem could be due to that. I have a a second cd of alpha centauri without exension i will trying that.

Thx a lot to show me others ways to resolve my problem !!

Thx

Comment

Working...
      X