No announcement yet.

Looking for two or three other newbies for a PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy to play any team, since my beloved Zak is already taken ^^ just pick one for me when the others have chosen

I don't have SMAX atm, but I can go get it if needbe.

email is dancinghat(at)gmail(dot)com

Comment

Are you still in Trotsky, bearing in mind that you've partaken in almost as many games as me!

Also, would the peacekeepers be suitable Kyttn?

Comment

I was just peeking in and two of the proposed settings surprised me . Are you truly proposing "Look first" OFF and random events ON?

Look first-- I like this as the first decision you get to make. Where a CMN might put your first base might not be where you might put it and if you want to syurrender a turn's production to move it, you should have that option

Random events-- while I like these on in a SP game for the challenge, they always struck me as inappropriate for a PBEM since they are so well RANDOM. You work you ass off over a 6 month period to get into a good position and then some plague that strikes you and no one else blasts you-- I just would not want that frustration

Its not my game, so do as you wish but I have played a few PBEMS and thought you folks wouldn't mind if I butted in just a little.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm surprised I didn't notice that, but what he said.

Comment

agree with Flubber on the settings

Also, PKs would be fine, lal aint such a bad guy

looking forward to it

Kyttn

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
              Are you still in Trotsky, bearing in mind that you've partaken in almost as many games as me!
              Don't worry, my turn rate won't suffer from this. I hunger for Alpha Centauri... I won't stop till I OD.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Trotsky

Don't worry, my turn rate won't suffer from this. I hunger for Alpha Centauri... I won't stop till I OD.
                I think he was implying that you are no longer really a newbie
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                  I think he was implying that you are no longer really a newbie

I am flattered... okay, let's ask our comrades in this game if they accept my presence. I must remind you that I am not that experienced - as a matter of fact, I have never won a game!

Comment

not fussed who i play, just so damn hard to get games ><

K

Comment

Agree with Kyttn.

Comment

I'm fine with flex. starting positions as well as with Leon Trotsky playing.

Random events off, of course, I just c/p'ed the above table from another thread and misread it myself.

Comment

I'll get to work on making the map.

Flubber may like flexible starting positions but I don't believe hes played on one of my maps. I go to quite some lengths to heavily engineer the entire planets surface but most especially the starting positions. Theres no way that you'd want to start anywhere except where I put you. Also, if I am adding an enlarged HQ base then obviously I'll have to do it before the game begins. I can't make it pop out of a colony pod (though funnily enough, the TCP/IP game does just this).

Comment

You're right of course. No flex starting positions then.

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                              I'll get to work on making the map.

Flubber may like flexible starting positions but I don't believe hes played on one of my maps. I go to quite some lengths to heavily engineer the entire planets surface but most especially the starting positions. Theres no way that you'd want to start anywhere except where I put you. Also, if I am adding an enlarged HQ base then obviously I'll have to do it before the game begins. I can't make it pop out of a colony pod (though funnily enough, the TCP/IP game does just this).
                              ahh thats different then. Obviously if you want a start with a bigger HQ , you have to do it.

But as for a heavily terraformed start, you might be shocked at how many different ways people might prefer to put their bases. If that was the ONLY consideration I would always opt for look first on. Chances are, you will be correct and they will found their first base where you put it. BUT maybe not and if they want to go elsewhere I like to see that as a players very first choice

Comment

Any estimate on when this game will start?
                                There is no greater wealth than wisdom, no greater poverty than ignorance; no greater heritage than culture and no greater support than consultation. - Ali ibn Abi-Talib

Comment

Working...
                                X