Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any players willing to play in a new pbem game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any players willing to play in a new pbem game?

welcome to the TOP SECRET spam thread!!!!!!!!!

remember to edit your spam in so teh evil mods dont notice

Last edited by Kataphraktoi; December 21, 2005, 06:08.
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Still nothing here, but wait a week or so and I think at least someone will come.
    This is downtime for new PBEMs - they usually get started massively in October - November.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

if you think you can manage a turn a day or close, then pop along to http://apolyton.net/forums//showthre...34#post3966179 since a free spot has become available

Comment

I'm interested if this thing's still alive. No PBEM experience though I'm afraid. I'd rate myself slightly below intermediate.
        If the meek are gonna inherit the Earth they'll have to get in line.

Comment

beats me if its alive or if theres an ''it'' at all. unless you want a 1v1 we would need more players

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I'm not ruling out a 1v1 but the thread has only been running two weeks and there are already two of us. I suggest we wait. Keep an eye on things and if we've nothing else to go on this time next week make a decision then on what to do next.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keen to get a game up and running but if we could just get a couple more players it would make things infinately more interesting, especially if you are a lot better than me for instance.

Look at it this way, a couple of hours ago it was just you, now it's me and you. Simple mathmatics says that we'll be turning 'em away at the doors by mid-week!

Let me know what you think anyway. Either way, this thread will look a whole lot more interesting to potential players if there is activity going on.

Comment

What sort of settings are you guys thinking about for this ?
              I'm interested in joining another game.

avg player, like my Hiverian roleplay so relaxed games are great for me
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

See what I mean Cataphract? "Turning 'em away at the doors I tell you, turning 'em away at the doors!"

As far as settings go, I'm slightly below avg and would prefer something relaxed with time to build to get into the game.

From what I've read about PBEM lower numbers of players will increase turn-speed and lessen the chance of drop outs.

Maybe Lazerus can share his knowledge of previous games (hope I'm not offending you there Cataphract) and get us pointing in the right direction. I was thinking maybe one more player if Lazerus decides he wants in?

Personally I check my email everyday and would like to get as close to a turn a day as possible, barring serious injury, death and holidays, am I being unrealistic here?

Just one more thing from me. My copy of SMAC is bog-standard so I'll need to get links to any patches, etc that I might need.

Comment

im not that experienced, think i can still count my PBEMS on one hand.

Large rather then huge map so we actually meet each other but still gives plenty of space ?
                  30-50% water since there'll be no pirates, average all other setts (maybe low fungus if you guys want to if nobody picks Gaians)

4 players is good, prevents the 2v1 case and still remains decent for speed because when you start getting 5+ players unless all are on a fair bit yeah the turn rate drops alot.

I think you might need a patch, can't remember what number. 1.05 .. 1.0e err been awhile since played original smac

Theres the site, think its the winxp compatible one that you'll need to get
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

what can i say,i play FPS games. if something dosnt happan yesterday,i wonder what the holdup is...

(hope I'm not offending you there Cataphract)
                    no,im asking for someone experianced to gimme a hand here. im positive i can manage 2 turns aday,im home\self schooled and have no job(atm) so have time.(1 turn in morning and 1 at evening)

be sure not to get the wrong patch. youll want a ''smacxpv2.exe'' for the latest vers. i can give you a link to dl it straight from if you want

large
                    30\50
                    low fungus
                    everything else midline?

Comment

That's a big commitment from me 1-morn + 1-eve, couldn't absolutely say I could keep my end of the bargain. We could go with 1 per day M-F and make up some extra turns on weekends?

Also, yes, can you give me that link?

Comment

i wasnt saying i wanted 2 aday at all!! just setting my max. i do not want 2aday.

sure.if you need the patch for the patch ill have to pm you it though

edit3: removed link.realized that site had stuff for cheating that i didnt see before. of course findable but not by backtracking on my link. get the dl from 3 posts up

edited for the mods
                        edited cause civfanatics\apolyton have diff smilie names
                        Last edited by Kataphraktoi; August 27, 2005, 19:22.

Comment

if its smac -count me in

99% of pbem is C3, just 1 for smac so far
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I call the Hive for smac then

Now we've got our four we just need to finalise whatever setts we want, any special stuff for the AI and find a CMN.

All victory conditions - on
                            Do or Die - on
                            Steal tech when conquering - doesnt bother me on or off
                            Rest of em off i think
                            You guys wanting boosted AI to provide a challenge late into the game or just the regular stuff ?

My turn rates usually 1 per day, if its there in my inbox through the week between 5pm-10ishpm GMT it'll get played

Comment

you mean you want normal smac plat? well fine with me...smax has more stuff though.well now i have to patch up.unless that patch does smac1 as well? ill go check in a min

are these setts agreeable to all? id like a 4\4 vote on this.

large
                              30-50
                              medium everything
                              low fungus
                              standardish conditions(all victory,do or die,look first, no unity servey and bellcurve)
                              transcend

lazerus-hive
                              Platypus Rex-random
                              Chill Bill-morgan
                              cata-univ
                              Last edited by Kataphraktoi; August 28, 2005, 06:45.

Comment

Working...
                              X