New PBEM game looking for players smax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PBEM game looking for players smax

Hi, I'm completely new to the pbem, but looking for a 4 man game on TRANSCEND with no cpu.

Standard sized map
    under 50% water
    largely rolling rainy terrain

I'd like people to try to manage a turn/day.

I'm not very good (even against silly rubbish CPU) but I really don't mind what skill those who sign up are.
    Last edited by Setroc; August 17, 2005, 15:37.

From my experiences I'll say that most of the people on this board are more than capable of easily destroying the AI on transcend level.

I usually get frustrated by turn 50 or so on single player transcend games because I'm so far past the AI that they all declare war or stop talking, and that gets boring. I believe that I in the lower tier of players on these boards, but having only played a few games since last October that's kind of hard to gauge.

Most PBEMs are done at transcend, and unless you get a CMN who specifically boosts the AI factions they will be the least of your worries. The best AIs pale next to the worst humans.

All that being said... I'd be happy to take one of the four slots. I'm interested in taking Morgan for a spin.

It's going to be best to ask for a CMN to hold passwords and possibly build (or at least do QA) a map that's balanced for play and fun. But at least hold passwords, so that when somebody disappears the game doesn't halt.

Comment

wasn't sure if I'd find anyone of my skill level. But I figure I should improve my game more while playing human opponents than the silly CPU. Look forward to playing with you Fosse.

I'd like to play Uni or Hive by the way.

P.S. Senethro loves haggis.

Comment

LIES!

Comment

Setroc, you may want to take look at this.

P.S. Senethro loves haggis.
          LIES!
          This looks really strange..
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Count me in! I'd want to play as the Peacekeepers.

I'm also new to SMAX multiplayer. I can beat the computer on Transcend routinely, but I have never faced a human opponent. :-X

Comment

If the game is on trancend level (without AI's) I'd join, but librarian is too much of a difference (almost no drone problems etc).
              no sig

Comment

Setroc, look in the AC G/H/S forum for help with the CPU compatibility with the new comp.

Additionally, I found in my first PBEM after one month that my skill had increased to such an extent as to make it painful to play with my noob start. If you're not capable of handling transcend now (but I've seen no reason to think that you can't in your save games) it will be a very short time until you can.

eruditehamster: Welcome to the fold. You're all patched and read up on the rules and buglist?

Comment

Buglist? I occasionally stumble across a bug in the game, but why is that important?

If by rules you're referring to some set of house rules that's observed by members of this forum, I'm not familiar with those.

Edit: I'm patched up.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for showing an interest in my game. I don't mind playing on Transcendant, So if you guys fancy a game under these conditions, all we need to start is a CMN.

Comment

all we need to start is a CMN.
                      Senethro, don't hide!
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin

Senethro, don't hide!
                        It's okay. I know where he lives.

Comment

It's okay. I know where he lives.
                          So you will go to him each day and ask "would you be my CMN" until he gets bored and agrees..

Comment

there are only 3 players yet, maybe a fourth will drop in...
                            no sig

Comment

whats wrong with haggis?

Hi all! Hello again, senethro, pjay (now i remembered your name, at last ...)

Maybe i could join. but im not quite sure. its all similar to the other game im playing. apart from perhaps trying out believers or hive for a change.
                              so, convince me and ill join
                              "Cogito ergo non sum"

Comment

Working...
                              X