Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A replacement needed for celebrity game @CGN

Greetings all visitors!

A celebrity CGN tournament game has been set up at CGN, namely CGN 31 with players as follows:

Googlie: Believers
    KK: Sparta
    Buster: Cult
    Hercules: Pirates

Apparently KK is missing and I think all the other players would greatly appreciate if a worthy person would replace him.
    The simple requirement is that you should be from the same generation of SMACXers as Googlie, Hercules and Buster.
    According to my information they are one of the first and most lenghty SMACXers of all times.

I'd ask Kody, Darsnan or some other guy I know personally, but the problem is that most of the old SMACXers have disappeared at all or at least gone into PBEM-suspended mode.

AND please don't be insulted if your candidature is being turned down.
    If you're not one of the SMACXer's Elite, you should not even spam here.

Other details:
    SMAX
    Transcend
    No AI
    Great Map
    low erosion, average NL, dense clouds, ~40% ocean
    all victories except co-op enabled
    do or die
    no survey

CGN31

binTravkin
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

I forgot to mention:

Game has not yet started, so you effectively sign up for a new PBEM!
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I would love to play wiht THIS bunch
      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

To elaborate a bit:

Looks like a game with great players! And also some interesting unusual faction choices!

I'd love to join! t_ras, I hope you won't be pissed off at me if I put forward my candidacy as well.

Anyway, here follows my candidacy: *cough*

I'm from the 1999 generation, which means the same one as Googlie and Buster, and one older than Hercules (I think).

In the old days I played in a couple PBEMs, in which I played fairly well. Then I stopped PBEMing for a long time, only just recently starting up a new one.

In those intervening years I played in all ACDGs though, and my gameplay has improved a lot because of it. So I think I have the skills to compete with these three players in a PBEM. Hopefully Googlie, also in the Spartan ACDG faction, will be able to attest for that.

As I didn't play any PBEMs the last two years or so, I'm not sure whether I could call myself a SMACXer elite. But what better way to try and prove I am than playing this game?

Edit: Oh, and I can play the Spartans well. (At least I think so.)

Some questions, binTravkin.

When you say "Great map", do you mean "Large map", or "awesome map"? Or both?

Also does everyone start with 2 CPs and their usual scout patrol/rover/worm/gun skimship, or do they get extra units?

What are the houserules?
          Is there a thread where the setup and who would join was being discussed?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Answers

1. Candidates are welcome, the actual succesor of KK will be chosen by players - Buster, Googlie and Hercules.
            Those who not get chosen should not feel insulted.

2.Map
            Code:
            #WORLDSIZE
            Tiny planet|(early conflict), 24, 48
            Small planet,                 32, 64
            Standard planet,              40, 80
            Large planet,                 44, 90
            Great planet,                 52, 104
            Huge planet|(late conflict),  64, 128
            3.Everyone starts with:
            4CPs
            4SPs (or 4 rovers for Sparta)
            + 2 MWs for Cult (Buster)
            100ECs

4.There is no thread by general CGN rules are here.

Comment

Well, I'm in a couple with t_ras (as, I think, is Hercules), but have only ever played 1 game played against Maniac, (in his old sm@niac days) but I am his fellow Colonel and co-chair of the Junta in the current ACDG3 game

(And, yes, I can vouch for his ability there. It's no co-incidence - (*cough*, *cough*) that the Spartans have the lead in technology, geography, AC points and are second militarily to only the Hive, under Maniac's shrewd stewardship)

So don't be offended, t_ras, if I say that I'd welcome you to the game, but I'd love to get in a game against Maniac after five years or so since the last one

Comment

Small planet, 32, 64
                Standard planet, 40, 80
                Large planet, 44, 90
                Great planet, 52, 104
                Huge planet|(late conflict), 64, 128
                many of us have just changed the "Large Planet" to 48:96, which we believe it should have been anyway

Comment

So, we only need one more opinion - Hercules's.

Hope he finds time to visit this thread soon..

Comment

Working...
                  X