Lost a Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a Player

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

My friends and I are playing a PBEM game. It was going along well, but now it appears that we have lost a player. It has been several turns and it has not set control to the player. I believe that he accidentally surendered and handed control over to the AI. His faction is still in the game as I can see that his faction is making progress (First to create a city/technology).

Is there anyway to give control of an AI faction back to a player so we can continue without having to go back several turns or worse restarting?

Sort of with that is there just a way to hand control of an AI faction over to a real player so that someone can join after a game has started?

Thanks for any advice people can offer.

-Maggot

Hmm. I think it's possible, but you should ask it to Googlie. Try pming him.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

If you can send me a .sav, and have the various players send me their passwords, I can try to use Kody's CMN tool to try and reinstate the lost player

Send to: .............googlie@canada.com............ and, as I say, I'll see what I can do

Comment

Thanks

I'll have to round up eveyone's passwords if that is what they want to do. We're about to start another game, but they may be interested.

Again thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
          I can try to use Kody's CMN tool
          What is that CMN tool?

Comment

Kody works in misterius ways...
            "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Hey I always knew I was doing the right thing by giving Googlie that tool.

Comment

Yea, but what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov
                  What is that CMN tool?
                  Just a simple can-opener

(a hack that allows the CMN to open a .sav at an AI's turn sequence)

Comment

Working...
                  X