CMN needed for 1v1 map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMN needed for 1v1 map

We with Walek are looking for someone who could prepare for us a nice 1v1 SMAX map, along with AI's. It'd be nice if AI's posed some challenge (cruiser probe teams are welcomed). I'd also prefer the game to be sth between builder and monumentum - no rushes but no distant islands also, so a standard map would fit the best.

Walek is going to play PK's, and me - Data Angels.

Anyone would like to help?

PM Darsnan - he's the best (especially at probe units)!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      PM Darsnan - he's the best (especially at probe units)!
      Actually all SMAC(X) CMN's can trace their capabilities back to our Patron Saint Googlie.
      Right now I am working on a 4 way for Googlie, Archaic, and company. When I am done with this, then I can set something up for you if you like. Probably won't be till after Christmas, though. FYI in case you want to ask elsewhere.

D

Comment

I guess we will wait then. Merry Xmas!

Comment

OK, while I'm waiting for some replies for Archaic's PBEM I will work on your PBEM. Please PM me your password choices if you have one.
          The AI's will be as follows:

Consciousness
          Morgan
          University
          Believers
          Caretakers

Note that I will be gifting the Caretakers the "Ghost Secret Project" of the Planetary Datalinks (i.e. they will be getting any tech known to any other 3 Factions).
          I will also be giving you both the following starting units:

1 regular Colony Pod (to found your HQ)
          3 Scouts
          2 Speeder CP's
          3 Speeder Formers (to help early terraforming)

I will also be giving the AI's an undisclosed number of satelites, which will compensate for their lack of crawler usage.

I won't be getting the game out to you for about 15 hours, so any feedback you have on this please let me know so I can take it into account.

D
          Last edited by Darsnan; December 26, 2004, 23:09.

Comment

Thanks Darsnan for your help. Right now there's no need to hurry as I will be away till Sunday at least.

I'm positively fine with your job, but out of curiosity, can you tell me why it is caretakers who gets the GSP?

As for the password, I'd be happy with the same as in TCDD game.

Thank you once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov
              I'm positively fine with your job, but out of curiosity, can you tell me why it is caretakers who gets the GSP?

I am trying some new ideas I've had recently with the Progenitors and I'd like to see if the ideas are valid in a PBEM environment.
              I'll probably have this game ready in about 12 hours. Can you PM me your E-Mail address so I can send you the first turn?

D

Comment

Working...
              X