No announcement yet.

Looking for a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that would create 4 super research factions and two retarded research factions? Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Net Warrior
      So that would create 4 super research factions and two retarded research factions? Hmmm....
      Shrug. Currently I'm just suggestiong options. My only point was I didn't want the Research Factions to lose all their natural advantage thru something I had done: giving the AI's the HSA Ghost SP would solve that, but your right it would make you and Googlie's lives more "difficult".

D

Comment

The thing about 'Ghost SPs' seem to be very interesting.
        Have you tried adding ME such way?
        I mean - is there any possibility to dictate in which city the Ghost SP is built, or the bonuses are just applied as any other faction bonuses/penalties?

If the GSP (Ghost SP) is bound to a city, wouldn't that be easy for a momentum human player to go and find the exact city just by conquering them one by one?

OR

if the GSP is not and can't (ME) be bound to the city how would city-centered SPs would behave?
        e.g. ME, LV@FM, SC, TOE and possiblt some more which I don't recall..
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Maybe you could give the AI the Planetary Transit System or some other SP instead of Planetary Datalinks. In any event, I think the HSA in the hands of both AI factions would unbalance things.
          Last edited by Net Warrior; December 26, 2004, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
            The thing about 'Ghost SPs' seem to be very interesting.
            Have you tried adding ME such way?
            I mean - is there any possibility to dictate in which city the Ghost SP is built, or the bonuses are just applied as any other faction bonuses/penalties?
            No, it doesn't work like that. Essentially the term "Ghost SP" is what I have taken to calling this CMN ability that Kody has discovered. It generalizes the concept, but isn't 100% accurate in its definition.

if the GSP is not and can't (ME) be bound to the city how would city-centered SPs would behave?
            e.g. ME, LV@FM, SC, TOE and possiblt some more which I don't recall..
            You are correct in that, because it is a "Ghost SP", then it doesn't reside in one city, and so cannot endow a single city with its effects. However, the "effect" is still felt by the endowed Faction. The positive sides for this is that the endowed Faction cannot then be plundered for a physical SP, something that happens more often than not when CMN's tried giving AI's SP's. A huge step forward for CMN's!
            If you are interested in seeing an example of this why you can volunteer to playtest my next CGN Challenge. This then should give you a good idea of what I am describing.

D
            Last edited by Darsnan; December 26, 2004, 11:11.

Comment

Where can i sign then?

Also - what benefits then ME gives?
              +1 energy in EACH base?
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Where can i sign then?
                Here

Also - what benefits then ME gives?
                +1 energy in EACH base?
                No it wouldn't give +1 Energy for each worked square in each base, if thats what your implying. And no I'm not going to answer specific questions about how this is done, either. Suffice it to say that this is a huge boon for SMAC(X) players who enjoy a more challenging AI, and that you should enjoy the games created using this effect.
                Since I will be setting up a PBEM for you shortly, then if you want to discuss what, if any, Ghost SP's the AI's have in your game, then please continue this discussion there.

D

Comment

And no I'm not going to answer specific questions about how this is done, either.
                  You misunderstood me, I was not asking how it is done, but I was asking how does it look when city-centered SPs are given as GSPs..
                  Do they even work?

Also, do you remember that old idea of giving Energy Sats to AIs?
                  That time you admitted that it'd be an optimal boost for AI as it won't give him early SPs but rather a balanced bonus for research+rushing+probing.

Comment

Apologies for the lack of postage in this thread by me thusfar. Been having internet troubles. Also, I'll be in Tokyo until the 1st, so I won't be able to play until then, if it even gets started before then.

In any case, whatever rules are decided upon are fine by me. This looks to end up being a pretty high level match, which is fine by me. Be good to see how I compare to all of you.
                    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                      I'll be in Tokyo until the 1st, so I won't be able to play until then, if it even gets started before then.
                      I'll put you last in rotation - that way it'll impact turnage minimally.
                      Since there doesn't seem to be too much interest in having the Progenitors in this one, I'll save them for another game. It'll be Hive and Sparta as the two AI's. Turnage will be as follows:

Net Warrior (Drones)
                      Chaos Theory (Cyborg)
                      Googlie (Pirates)
                      Archaic (Uni's)

First turn should be out in about 10 hours. FYI.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Empath Guild disabled unless someone wants to argue with Googlie about it...

D
                      Last edited by Darsnan; December 27, 2004, 11:54.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned you can disable the CBA too

Comment

"Uncharted Waters" game thread started here .

This thread is now closed.

D

Comment

Working...
                          X