Gecko Pbem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gecko Pbem

This is the turn-sent thread for GECKO PBEM.

Players are (in turn order):

Fosse kylebenanderson AT hotmail.com [ANGELS]
    Sentry33 sentry33 AT o2.pl [HIVE]
    Shawnmmcc shawnmmcc AT insightbb.com [GAIANS]
    Jlederer jlederer AT twmi.rr.com [CONSCIOUSNESS]
    Googlie googlie AT canada.com [CULT]

Huge map, Transcend, Average Alien Life (to give Gogglie's Cult & the AI Gaians a fair go).

All winning conditions enabled.

Contact me on: jcrocombe AT aardvark.net.au if there are any issues.

Passwords sent & first turn also.

Hobbes
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Thanks H0bbes!

Welcome to the game guys, first turn sent to sentry!

Comment

Turn received, but my anti-spam filter cut out the attachment, please resend file
      a Spartan Eco-Science specimen.
      ----
      Producing Buddhism.
      Enlightenment is the Base, Way & Goal.

Comment

2102 to Shawn
        ----
        Producing Buddhism.

Comment

Hey, help me out guys, since it's my first PBEM game...I presume I drop the email in my SMAX save folder, load-up the turn using multiplayer choice on main menu, take turn, then press End and then get prompted to save and email the turn. Have I got that right?

Just want to make sure I'm not supposed to save without hitting end-turn for some reason, noticed on another thread that some people do things that way (maybe because it was an "open" PBEM game).

Comment

That sounds right. Definatly end your turn before e-mailng it on. The prompt should show the next players name.

Also, always zip turns. They can clog peoples' inboxes if they are unzipped.

Comment

Does your e-mail automatically unzip files? 'Cos the turn should be coming to you zipped.

I unzip it into a new folder called "Firaxis PBEMs", then go look there when I'm loading the multiplayer game (I have the line WindowsFileBox=1 in my alpha centauri.ini file, so I'm navigating thru regular windows files rather than the clunky Firaxis in-game navigation - makes it much easier to find on those odd occasions where the game unzips to the last folder you used, which might have been in a totally different folder)

You can save a game mid turn (say you want to stop for dinner, or whatever) - just use the left hand "Save" button (but call it xxx midturn or whatever, - don't use the same game name that you opened the turn with, otherwise you'll get a reload message when next opening it.

And you're right. When finished use the "turn complete" right hand menu button, and it'll pompt you to save the turn or open it with the next players password. Be careful, 'cos it'll suggest saving it under your faction name, so remember to change the name to the next faction it's going to.

Then zip it up and e-mail it on

Comment

Thanks for the hints. Still waiting for the file from Shawn, but now I'm better prepared :-)

Comment

2102 to Gaians
                  The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                  And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                  Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                  Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

On to the Cult.

Comment

2103 to the Angels

Comment

turn sent. Sentry, it's labeled 04, but it is 03.

Comment

Sorry for delay, i've some problems with ISP recently that will be solved by end of week. Until then i have limited access to internet.

Just when we started game heh.
                          ----
                          Producing Buddhism.

Comment

sentry, if you have access at work or school, for just a few turns post the turns on the thread - I'll check it. It'll keep the game going.
                            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

ok, everything solved

2103 to Shawn.
                              ----
                              Producing Buddhism.

Comment

Working...
                              X