SMAC - Simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you folks take a Hive player?
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ForesterSOF
      So far we have

World size Huge
      Water 50 to 70
      Errosion Weak
      Alien life normal
      Standard rules
      Difficulty Thinker

CMN - ?
      ForesterSOF - Open -
      Fosse - Peacekeepers -
      linux134 - Gaians -
      t_ras - Spartans -
      I am going to start building the game based on this. Each player will start out with 3 scouts (Spartans replace two scouts with 2 rovers), a regular CP to plant your HQ, and 2 rover CP's to expedite planting your 2nd and 3rd bases. The game should be ready by tonight.
      So, I still need:

1. ForesterSOF's desired Faction, as well as a password.
      2. A name for the turn tracking thread.
      3. Also, because this is SMAC, why playturn is set, so I will also need linux134's E-Mail address to mail the first turn to.

D

Comment

shawnmmcc posted to want Hive before your closing post Darsnan so I would propose he be added and make me Morgan please.

I would keep the game name to Simple.

Sending password.
        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

more players is more trouble , but shawnmmcc is OK
          lets call it SMAC pentagon
          "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Both work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ForesterSOF
              shawnmmcc posted to want Hive before your closing post Darsnan so I would propose he be added.
              I have always gone by the principle that the threadstarter is the boss, so his word is final (just play nice with the nubes, shawnmmcc! ).

Originally posted by t-ras
              lets call it SMAC pentagon
              Or how about the "Mystery of the Pentagon". Premise for the game: once safely ensconced on Planet each of your Factions' communications equipment pick up a strange broadcast emanating from somewhere else on Planet. After your crypto-analysts are able to decipher the message you realize it is some sort of alien distress beacon! Further, the signal is still playing realtime images from the site of origin, which is a roughly "pentagon" shaped island in the middle of Planet! Although there is no sign of the living amongst the ruins, your Factions all realize that taking control of the Ruins left by the mysterious alien civilization, or at the very least denying them to your rivals, must become an important milestone if you are to succeed on Planet!

Whad'ya think?

D

Comment

But I've never played the Hive in PBEM - I promise to be as sweet and nice as Lazarus (Darsnan is going to nail me for that comparison)
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Nice imagination.

Comment

Great Story.
                    $$$Rule of Aquisition 95: Expand...or Die!$$$

Comment

I've started the turn tracking thread for the game here . This thread has served its purpose and is now closed.

D

Comment

Working...
                      X