X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX game (my first)

Here's the final roster, as it's ready to go:

Huge map, Transcend, Rare Alien Life

We'll begin as soon as H0bbes finds the time to start us off.

Good luck to you all!

1 - Fosse - Data Angels - kylebenanderson AT hotmail.com
    2 - sentry33 - Hive - sentry33 AT o2.pl
    3 - jlederer - ? - jlederer AT twmi.rr.com
    4 - googlie - ? - googlie AT canada.com
    5 - shawnmmcc - Gaians or PIrates - shawnmmcc AT insightbb.com
    Last edited by Fosse; October 24, 2004, 11:02.

I am happy to do a map & hold passwords.

Contact me on: jcrocombe at aardvark.net.au

Hobbes
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for volunteering H0bbes.

So, any takers?

Comment

I will gladly take Hive

My email is: sentry33@o2.pl

Except for rare unexpected occasions, i can play 1 turn/day.

As for game setup:
        - I think that 4 players offer lot more opportunities for diplomacy than 3.
        - Alien lifeforms i do not mind, any setup is fine
        - Would be good to have undiscovered map and non-blind research
        Last edited by sentry33; October 21, 2004, 10:00.
        a Spartan Eco-Science specimen.
        ----
        Producing Buddhism.
        Enlightenment is the Base, Way & Goal.

Comment

Sorry for asking a question unrelated to this thread, but since this is the first and only post sentry33 has made until now, I thought I'd ask my question here so as to make it most likely he sees it.

Sentry33, I see you have applied for membership of the Spartan Federation in the AC Democracy Game, but AFAIK you haven't been authorized in yet. IIRC Skanky Burns only allows in members who reply to a PM he sends to possible new recruitees (to ensure people won't join and then be completely inactive). That's why I'm wondering, if you're still interested in the ACDG, have you replied or sent a Private Message to Skanky Burns?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            Sorry for asking a question unrelated to this thread, but since this is the first and only post sentry33 has made until now, I thought I'd ask my question here so as to make it most likely he sees it.

Sentry33, I see you have applied for membership of the Spartan Federation in the AC Democracy Game, but AFAIK you haven't been authorized in yet. IIRC Skanky Burns only allows in members who reply to a PM he sends to possible new recruitees (to ensure people won't join and then be completely inactive). That's why I'm wondering, if you're still interested in the ACDG, have you replied or sent a Private Message to Skanky Burns?
            Yes, I am interested and have replied to Skanky's message.

Its just that I am not familiar with Apolyton Forums and how private messages are delivered here (I am used to phpBB forums where I get private message notification in a bit different way) - and for over week didnt see Skanky's post.

Thank you for asking, Maniac.
            ----
            Producing Buddhism.

Comment

Welcome sentry33, to the game and to Apolyton.

Maniac, thread jack forgiven.

Comment

I've only played single player, but would love to into a multiplayer game. I'm flexible on faction, game attributes, etc.

jledererATtwmi.rr.com

Comment

Welcome jlederer

Please speak your preferred faction(s) so Hobbes can set up game accordingly. Or you prefer random choice?
                  ----
                  Producing Buddhism.

Comment

Welcome, jlederer. if you make a faction pick we can have the game going very soon.

Unless there are objections to the settings suggested in the first post we'll go with those.

Comment

I'm completely dry on PBEMs right now and am anxious to get in some more

I'd be happy to take any faction

(I suggest that Hobbes doesn't include the Caretakers or Usurpers - smax games seem to be a lot more fun with them back on their homeworld)

googlie@canada.com

Comment

It's a four seater then.
                        jlederer, and googlie, do you want to pick from the human factions left, or have H0bbes assign one to you at his discretion?

Comment

Hobbes is going to give me the crappiest faction to play PBEMs anyway (Cult or Believers, prolly - maybe Morgan) on a lousy start position, to handicap me.

I'll leave it to his discretion

Comment

Guess I will try the Pirates. 2nd choice Gaians.

Comment

Since Googlie is in, and I've played before, I volunteer to be the in between skills player. Not the Cult, I'm not as good as Googlie, but I can handle Morgan or the Spartans to keep it fair. Actually I think Domai could be interesting (I also like the Gaians, haven't done them PBEM yet either), but while I've never played him PBEM, he almost begs to be played agressively (like the Hive) and that seems out of place here unless we have a huge map, or I have a starting place where Domai isn't threatening - or Hobbes starts Google and I adjacent. An allied Morgan-Domai ready to cut each others throats, now that could be interesting.

Jlederer, you might want to try University if it's your first PBEM and the map is large or huge. Pirates are tough if it's any kind of largish map. The University really is one of the strongest factions, and not unbalanced for a first time (Unless you are an experienced single-player transcend type, in which case I will regret running my mouth). The Gaians are easiest to play, and versitale on any sized map, but can be at a disadvantage to other builder factions. Just a thought.
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X