Tao Base: 3x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tao Base: 3x2

This is the development and turn tracking thread for Tao Base, a 3x2 game with binTravkin, Smack, and ChairmanSlick.

binTravkin has a holiday (Latvia) until Monday, so we won't be getting going until then. However, he's stated he wants a fast game, as do Slick and I. This leaves a few days for us to pick factions and negotiate the map.

binTravkin left this list of factions to choose from for his picks:

1.Morgan
    2.Uni
    3.Hive
    4.PKs
    5.Angels
    6.Gaians

Since he's gone, and won't get to pick his second for balance, let's have him go first.

ChairmanSlick has posted some preferences in the 2x2x2 thread:

'How about CyCon + Hive
    If not then CyCon + Pirates
    If not then CyCon + Drones'

Round 1
    binTravkin: Morgan
    ChairmanSlick: CyCon
    Smack: University

Round 2
    binTravkin: Hive
    ChairmanSlick: ?
    Smack: ?

Round 2 Probable
    binTravkin: Hive
    ChairmanSlick: Pirates
    Smack: Gaians

Map: Huge, random, but being debated.
    Rules: ? Anyone have a nice set of 3x2 rules?
    Game Options: Pods, geography visible, all victories, ?

As you can see, there's a lot left to debate. Let's finish discussing by Sunday so we can start the next day.

-Smack
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

i would definately prefer a large map rather than huge.

In terms of other setting, have all victory conditions ON

Pods On

Survey OFF

AVERAGE: worms, rain, sea etc.

Cycon + Hive would be much prefered, but ah well.. pirates is cool.

As i said before i'm easy. I think rules go without saying except that u CAN use the stockpile bug

but every thing else is disallowed.

Maybe reverse engineering can be allowed aswell?
    i don't know.

Comment

Hiya, Im back & I sign in here!

Morgan + Hive seems quite weird, but I can go with that!

Why it is so little activity here?

Because I have Hive as 2nd?

Oh, come on!
      Take PKs & hit the Governor seat
      Take Angels & steal ever tech with EG
      Take Drones & have any SP you want
      Take Believers & spawn like there's no tomorrow
      Take.. whatever & ..

Well, if you still think its disbalanced, give me Angels & you can take hive..

Lets make our 2nd & go on to playing
      About prefs -> I can play with any, except I want to have as little ocean as possible!

Post your opinion & votes

-bin
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

i said "pirates is cool" -- so i don't believe that is the hold up... i thought the game was currently being made... not sure tho.

as i said before, i'll play any setup so if your waiting for us all to agree or something - Don't!

Just set this **** up and surprise me, the only definitive being my factions // Pirates][Cybernetic Consciousness

-- Looking forward to it boys-

Out.

Comment

I was merely waiting for binTravkin to come back from Janis and consoling his country on their way out of Euro2004. We are ready to go then? Turn 1 will be out in an hour.

-Smack
          Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Ok. Here we go.

Tao Base: A 3x2 Smax game

Huge, pods-on, 30-50 water, medium erosion, medium fungus, dense clouds. Look first, all victories.

Rules: So far, we all agree to play with 'standard' rules, but this can be further negotiated if need be. See below.

Turn order is:

binTravkin
            1. Morgan
            2. Hive

ChairmanSlick
            3. Cycon
            4. Pirates
            5. *Angels

Smack
            6. University
            7. Gaians

*The Data Angels are AI.

Rules proposals:

Chairman: Stockpile yes. Smack says: yes
            Chairman: reverse engineer? Smack says: just not probe teams -> rovers.

I have not viewed the map in any way, so it could be a horrible start. Who knows? I think that if 2 of 3 of us agree to restart, we can do that, otherwise, make the best of it.

We need to share emails. I'll PM you both with mine.
            It would be good to share passwords as well, in case we need a replacement. I'm going to use no password for my turns. If you set a password, please share it with someone to prevent game stagnation.

I'm going to upload the first turn here for anyone curious. It's 2101 to the Morganites! Good luck binTravkin.

-Smack

TaoBase-binTravkin-2101

Comment

Downloaded this, will be played today..
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

2101 sent to ChairmanSlick

Sorry for delays -> had to resolve some private problems..

Comment

s'ok by me. Hopefully Slick is still around.

Comment

yeah, sorry bout delay aswell..

once we get going will be much quicker!

=== just one thing my factions are not together in turn order and this is in my mind kinda stupid. It will improve turn speed lots if they were together... is this possible?

Comment

It is, of course possible, but see if your factions are not connectable -> the first is 7th in the turn order & the second is 1st in turn order or somesuch..

If they truly aren't connectable, we should remake the scenario!

No use playing with split factions - the same as having 1 more player..

Comment

I thought I set it up like binTravkin is talking about, IE you have the 1st and 7th factions, so will be in order normally.

-S

Let me know if we need a re-roll. I'm on a lot these days.

Comment

I played my CyCon turn and isn't my pirates turn suppose to be next??.

here is the attached turn (played) ... i'm confused tho -- did u say that morganites have first turn? It tells me that the next turn is morganites and to enter password etc. for them.

i don't know how this works.. if it need a reshuffle = please go ahead.

Also could we have contact established between our factions? (if not i guess its ok) ; (

and if i could have lasers prototyped and some free minerals for starting base i will be happy.

don't go out of your way tho.

Comment

woops forgot to attach it...
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'd better restart with the proper order then. Will be an hour or so.

-S

Comment

Working...
                              X