• Show
Clear All

• Turn 2126 to Honghu.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• In under the hour. but at a cost.

Comment

• Wow guys, that's pretty sweet. I hope we beat our old record.

Comment

• Sorry about taking 2 hours for the turn, team.

Comment

• Accidental double post. It was the Mind worms, what did it.
            Last edited by Hercules; July 1, 2004, 09:19.

Comment

• Death in the Afternoon

It was the patrol that had called in 'about the strange rock writing formation Thespian Ring'. Maybe they were hallucinating, maybe just relaxing. We got the call quite late in the day; the communications were gibberish and panic. And they too had celebrated the news about the breaktrough. We thought they were play acting - you know the thespian theme. But we became increasingly alarmed. Those alien things, the music, the song, the images. we could hear it over the comms.

Hold on, we've got an andidote, we'll get to you , hold on lads. It was getting desperate and it was agonising to hear cries get weaker and weaker. Then there was the silence. Everyone at HQ and in the other bases listening in, inwardly cried a little to themselves: these were good buddies.

When the rescue patrol, with the vaccine, reached their last recorded location, it was empty. UNpatrol 2110 had moved on, if only they had stayed where they had been, they could have been vaccinated. And saved.
              Last edited by Hercules; July 1, 2004, 09:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaunk
                There's a slim chance of 2 turns in a day at this rate... Impossible in a 7 player game I say!
                Alas, not today and tomorrow I'm afraid. I've got to work.

So everybody, I can only play a turn on friday night.

Originally posted by Hercules
                Accidental double post. It was the Mind worms, what did it.
                Chairman GeoModder spells a medal to a certain mindworm boil empath after his return to base...
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• “What are they doing?” Lady Hong asked sharply.

“They are building a sensor array.” James replied. “It’s part of the preparation for the Beginning of the Flowering base.” He had ordered this production. The Gaian’s territory had become larger and larger. There were simply too many things HongHu needed to worry about. She didn’t need to know any and all the details of the daily operations.

HongHu looked around. “They should be preparing that area.” She pointed to her north, where a couple miracle fruit trees could be sighted. “Build a forest there, or a farm. Food is the first priority of a new base.” Lady Hong turned around, her face unusually without smile, “Didn’t we have an agreement with the Spartans that they will provide for our security needs? Why are we wasting our limited resources on sensor arrays while we should be worrying for feeding the people?”

“Spartans’ rovers are far away from us, Hong.” James’ face didn’t change under HongHu’s sharp glare. The Spartans would not be able to protect them when a serious threat comes. HongHu should have been the first person to know that Santiago was not one that could be trusted. But she had been overly ignoring all the needs for defenses. Some of the Gaians bases were even entirely unguarded. It is that Kody. James thought irritably. “We have some spare supplies. We could shift the supplies around and use Gaia’s Landing’s forest for this base before it becomes self sufficient.”

Hearing no response from HongHu, James added, “I could order them stop building the sensor arrays and start foresting immediately, if you like.”

“No. Let them finish it. Start foresting right after.”
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Sorry team. I don't mean to disappoint you but alas, I can't touch my turn until 10 hours later.

Looks like I have all the time I need though.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Yeah, we wait for you and Geo and complete the turn in 24 hours.

Comment

• Turn sent some time ago.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Okay, where's Geo?

Comment

• Geo is working...

Honestly Enigma, do you read other peoples posts?
                            Play hangman.

Comment

• I read it, but I didn't believe it on the first pass.
                              a whole freakin' week between Mission Years.

Comment

• So everybody, I can only play a turn on friday night.
                                Yep didn't sink in the first time. Oh well fast, slow doesn't matter too much. Sleep is always an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X