Open Book PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HongHu
    smacksim, I suppose everybody has his own style for doing anything. Enigma has his own style too, and unfortunetaly for us his style is that he likes to substitute the players' turns with his own. I would even be happy to listen to what suggestions and critics he could offer, if he had respected what I did. I understand him for he is really acting like himself, not deliberately doing something to piss anybody off. It is unfortunate that my style does not match with his style greatly, so I had to insist on my princeples and was not able to continue supporting his great initiative.

But I agree with you that we can always start another pbem.
    HongHu,

I appreciate your generous attitude towards the situation. I too would like to be as generous as possible. After all, I'm looking to find people to play with after several years away. While I agree that everyone has their own style, that doesn't mean that they aren't wildly conflicting. Stalin's 'style' for handling dissidents for example. At some point a person has to stand up and say: 'You are wrong. What you are doing is way off. If you don't stop you will be stopped'.

Society has it's norms, and the forums are no different. The norms help us play and talk together with common expectations for behavior and even game-format. When people are going to step away from these norms, it's best done in a considered and announced way. That's why I demand that Enigma make his 'style' known at the beginning of a game in which he is CMN.

It's not like I wasted much time playing a single turn, but it's still a waste, and an unneccessary one. It's the principle of the thing. If no-one speaks out, others will win the same disappointment and that's not a win.

-Smack
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Don't worry, he'll probably grow out of this. I did.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

I don't know what you guys are so het up about. Enigma's giving his frank advice, which will certainly help me a lot at times. But you don't have to accept it. I know I won't all the time, but I will certainly keep it in mind. Ignore his advice if you like. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with that.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Youre an impressive example of tolerance MWIA!
          Seriously!
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Tolerance is watching BinTravkin troll this thread to crap.

It's known he has something against me, so we're warring factions.
            Why he believes I should be wiped from this planet, I don't know - but given his stance, the feeling is mutual.

I trust that the smart people aren't influenced by his musings, and as for those that are, -sig-.

Comment

Tolerance is watching BinTravkin troll this thread to crap.

It's known he has something against me, so we're warring factions.
              Why he believes I should be wiped from this planet, I don't know - but given his stance, the feeling is mutual.

I trust that the smart people aren't influenced by his musings, and as for those that are, -sig-.
              What a load of hubris!

I just think youre damn funny!

At first time I got angry after your stupid (to say the least) comments on my info, but then I realised that so much selfishness is simply funny..

You can't get any profit from having anger on a person who is completely immune to any reasonable arguments..

You can get only mcumuch fun watching eruptions of his passive-agressive exhibitionism with nihilistic narcissistic pandemic sociopathy..

Nicely put by SmackSim!
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I was just postively surprised that a human can have such an infinite tolerace as MWIA..

Comment

So the point of posting your passive-agressive laughter of denial would be to encourage mutual laughter.
                  So it is! I laugh at you.

Reasonable arguments... what a load of hubris!

Comment

Youre real funny Enigma!
                    Youre the only person giving me so much laughter here & that's why I haven't put you in the ignore list so far!

Comment

/me laughs all the way to the +1 bank
                      ->

Comment

Guys, this is getting dangerously close to the territory that mods start looking into. Just leave it alone. I don't think any of us wants Ming or someone in here. All that spam would be killed, which would probably cause half the membership to commit suicide.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          I don't know what you guys are so het up about. Enigma's giving his frank advice, which will certainly help me a lot at times. But you don't have to accept it. I know I won't all the time, but I will certainly keep it in mind. Ignore his advice if you like. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with that.
                          I did not mind Enigma giving his frank advice, MWIA, even if the way he talks can really use some social skill improvements. However what I did mind, was that you were playing his turn, instead of mine. If he always plays my turn I don't see why you could say "you don't have to accept it". I don't see how I could ignore his advice if I wanted, if my turn is not even used. That's why I said my choice was made for me, not by me.

Enigma had PMed me indicating he would restart this game. Knowing him, I'm willing to restart with you guys. My only condition is that my turn must be done by myself, unless I ask for help from others. I welcome any advices on how I should play.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

If your move warrants a replay (i.e. playing on someone else's turn), I'll have you replay it.
                            Players can either have me play by their orders (speed the game up) or play the turn of their own accord.

I know I'm a whore for fast turns.
                            And...
                            could you kindly explain your strategy instead of merely posting a play-by-play?

Anyhow, I won't be using this thread. It'll probably be MarkGified anyway.

Comment

Careless is part of my nature. Yeah believe it or not. So I will accept your request for replay if I made mistakes like playing the other's turn. Duh. But the second somebody touch a non authorized pirate turn, I quit.

As for strategy, hmmm, I don't have one yet. I will start thinking about it when I finish reading all the ACDG stuff.
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X