Open Book PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 2101 to Gaian.

Quango you didn't press end turn. When I opened the turn I didn't realize that it was your turn, but see that I didn't have unit that I could move. What a disappointment. Then I pressed end turn and see that I didn't even play yet. I think I changed your colony pod in the production queue to stockpile, sorry. Don't forget to change it back next turn.

I set up both of my bases. Looks like I'm surrounded by AIs and are far from you guys. There's no pod to pop so I let my gun foil go north trying to get in touch with you guys so we can get a pact going or something.

Nothing much to say production wise. Was afraid to do anything other than setting up a scout first. SE 50/50 since it doesn't seem that I'll get a tech any faster by changing it.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Turn 2101 to the AI, the MWIA to Gaian.

Hey, it's Green. It's yellow? It's Gaia anyways. I've emailed the turn to MWIA, which is fine. I'll PM my email to anyone who needs it, including Enigma. Do not post my email addy here though! I've got zero Spam. Yes! Gaia does not like eco-spam-damage.

2101:

Found 'Smack's Landing'. Production: Formers

Colony pod attemps to go north into the ruins.....makes it!
      Scout attempts to go NW next to CP to look for a Worm and accompany the pod. Makes it!

My long term plans are to fully exploit the ruins (duh!), but also start a healthy patch of forest. I'll not be rushing the former, but will take my chances with an unguarded HQ for now. I only see 6 players on the map? anyways, if I am alone on this peninsula, I'll do my best to expand. Gaia's slow growth makes it tough. The ruins should counterbalance that a bit. I have no conquering plans from this position. Rather, I'll try to stay uninteresting for quite some time.

-Smack
      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
        Turn 2101 to Gaian.

Quango you didn't press end turn.
        Quango wasn't supposed to press END TURN. Neither were you.
        Seeing as you have botched Quango's turn, I'll play your turn on your behalf.

-Pirates turn 2101-
        There is much to be planned.
        Ultimately, I need to get my Gun Foils in contact with as many factions as possible - especially the human ones.
        What's more, I need some land ASAP.
        Mount Planet looks good, and since I'm probably getting AppPhys from MWIA, the Impact stuff will come in fast so I can take out Miriam.

She won't buy my techs, and she isn't going to hinder a human player - unlike the other 2 AI, who will trade with me AND slow their human players down.

I'll get SocPsy and CentEco from the Cult
        I'll get Doc:Loy from The Hive (if I want it)
        I'll get InfNets and AppPhys from MWIA
        I'll get IB from Quango
        I'll decide once I've set up my bases.

My build pattern will be Gun foil -> Transport in my HQ,
        and Gun Foil -> Cpod in my other base.
        Since I will rush the Foil in my main base, I want it to be close to MWIA.
        HQ established at (45,51).
        My other base will send a Gun Foil to the Cult, and a Colony Pod to Mt. Planet. (43,55) is an optimal spot for this base.

Since my tech rate is tech in 3, and I'm getting all the other 5 starting techs, my first tech is Biogenetics.

My future strategy:
        Send my initial Gun Foil to Quango and Smacksim
        Rush the Gun Foil in Enigma Haven ASAP.
        Get that foil to (53,21) and chat with MWIA, Hive
        Get a Gun foil in Port Svensgaard.
        Send it to the Cult, then have it drone control Enigma haven.
        With these foils complete,
        build a Cpod in Port Svensgaard and a Transport in Enigma haven.
        Use these two to get a beachhead on Mt. Planet and contact the Believers.
        Last edited by Enigma_Nova; June 15, 2004, 01:02.

Comment

To Enigma:
          I built a sentinel because I've gotten my hq eradicated by worms before. I'd rather not have that happen. Your idea is pretty good though. Didn't get to pick tech, but I'll go with C. Ecol.

To HongHu:
          I left my save at the end turn, because that's what Enigma suggested at the top. I can go through though if that's better.

Strategy: Expand at least four bases in the flats, then go for the two rivers south of me. I don't think I'll be able to get to the crater before the adrogynous worm child, but I need to prepare for it as well.

I'm not an expert at this game, so sorry if I seem to be wasting turns. I'm trying to plan ahead.

Hope to meet you soon HongHu, pirate of the seven seas!

Quango

Comment

HongHu's turn posted, playing on by Smacksim's orders.

the penalty for incorrect turnplaying is getting a better turn played than before.
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't think HongHu messed anything up but my queue, which I can change next turn. I'm not too worried about it. Quango

Comment

Quango: The initial scout patrol is a good enough garrison. You don't need to explore with it, seeing as you have the entire map revealed.

I would build Formers -> Scout -> (other stuff).
                The Formers will come in just as fast, and they do stop Natives (at least for the first 15 turns).
                With Formers and Pods in first, you get that exponential advantage.

Originally posted by smacksim
                Colony pod attemps to go north into the ruins.....makes it!
                Scout attempts to go NW next to CP to look for a Worm and accompany the pod. Makes it!
                You're playing the Gaians, Smacksim. +1 Planet means fungus movement is 1 movement point.
                You units are ALWAYS going to make it.

You should have posted an END TURN, not a START TURN.
                The idea behind this habit is that when you guys eventually get into a war, you can see what's coming before it hits you.

Comment

Smacksim: You didn't tell me your first tech.
                  I'm setting it to InfNets so you can go Planned.
                  I don't know what you mean by Gaian growth penalty.
                  They get 2 nuts from Fungus, have no -GROWTH, and can run dem/planned.

So yes, the turn's back to MWIA.
                  I haven't renamed your base to Enigma's Landing since you didn't botch up. You can count the ENIGMAs in a base list to see who's stuffing up the most.
                  Attached Files

Comment

[Edit: Lots of grumbling about a meddlesome CMN taken out]

Enigma_Nova, what is your role in this game?

-=Smack=-
                    Last edited by smacksim; June 15, 2004, 04:45.
                    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

I just got an 'undeliverable' for MWIA's email. PM me with your proper email if that wasn't it?

-Smack

Comment

I'm a very 'hands on' CMN.
                        Try to remove the IHATESPAM.
                        His e-mail address would be more like...
                        granvisimo @ student.vuw.ac.nz

My role is to ensure this all goes smoothly.
                        So, when one person botches a turn I rectify the error.
                        It might take some getting used to these END TURNs.
                        Last edited by Enigma_Nova; June 15, 2004, 10:15.

Comment

Oh my. If you really wanted so much to play the pirates, why don't you say so Enigma? I would be happy to give my spot to you.

If you found a mistake of mine, tell me and I will correct it. It is not a good policy to attempt to alter other people's turn if you really want them (read, not yourself) to play this pbem. You should really know me better than having to need me spell it out for you, Enigma.

ps. Please change or remove WMIA's email in your post. Perhaps you didn't know, but people change their email address when they post it online because they do not want spambot find their email address and thus sending them tons of spam emails.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

MWIA, please play on the turn that I and smacksim played. I appreciate Enigma's advices, and it has helped me to gain lots of insight into how to play the pirates. However, what I've done is done, even if it is not perfect and I'd like to live by it. If you choose Enigma's turn and decide that he is really the one who should play this pbem, it's fine with me too. I would be happy to give my spot to him.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm not playing in this one.
                              If HongHu's out, Pirates are up for grabs.

Comment

Thanks for changing MWIA's email Enigma.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X