No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know the HoF thread was going to welcome all commers.

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

Raises the obvious question of why we play games.
    I'll say it again, HongHu:
    We're not all playing SMAC for the same reason, and
    we all have different viewpoints on the game.
    This was even more prevalent in The Hive when you presumed that enjoying ourselves was everyone's top priority.
    For me, it was changing The Hive's Social System.
    While implementing my ideas may make me happy, that was not the end-goal.
    What's worse, you seemed to presume we enjoy similar things to similar amounts - WRONG.
    Try not to presume the emotions of others - you will view them with a clearer mind and perhaps see what their emotional reactions really are.
    The main reason why I joined the Hive was the simple fact that I am a Hive loyalist. I totally agree with Chairman Yang and his ideology.

My second reason(s) why I joined the Hive was to meet new people to interact with and befriend, as well as winning the ACDG. I feel that I have accomplished these goals, despite my lack of participation in the ACDG. If I felt that we could get away with PB'ing an ally if it meant the Hive would be the top dog on Planet, I would totally support it. Renounce Pact and launch the 'busters.

I still monitor the Hive, but since things are progressing as usual, I feel that my postings wouldn't make much difference. Power belongs to those to strive to attain it.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Tell that for the couped-out poster child for the ACPSG.
      I strived for lots o power, but never got it.

Comment

• What made me sad earlier was because the Cycon pretty much saw me as their main obstacle for pacting with the Hive. Whereas, I spent days agonising over the fact that most people in the Hive just wanted to backstab the Cycon.

Using expolits is something that generally makes for badwill. If you notice the general viewpoint is if you're cheating you pretty much get kicked out of the game and likely nobody will want to play with you.

I actually didn't want to make it public because it'll just sour the game for other people. However, Geomodder asked a direct question when I mentioned the dodgy behaviour issue. Also the things I had done in the ACDG had been on my mind alot ever since I started this PBEM, I actually was thinking of never playing any PBEMs. I brought up some issues with Barthius about how I didn't want to win this PBEM.

Also I'm kindof still wondering what Maniac is going to do now. He's been quite the "burn all cheaters" in the past, and it appears now that my actions were more questionable than his.

Comment

• Kody doesn't want to win?!
          He's the only realistic shot.

The next two winners are Geomodder and myself.
          I was looking forward to a big ass war between Kody and I, but it looks like that will have to wait until some lesser players have been mopped up by Geo and CT.

Comment

• [modesty]
            Me? a winner? I'm barely in the latter third of the powergraph, and not even mentioned in the 'Best of' screen.
            [/modesty]

I'll response on Kody later, no time now...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Who do you pick as Winner?

Hercules?
              Jamski?
              HongHu?

I lost too much turn advantage when the formers were destroyed.

Comment

• Who has the turn?
                EDIT: Seems that it's with Jamski

Comment

• Who do you think.....

I got distracted and read all the posts until the 6-2003 in the peace forum. Earlier than that nothing really happened that's interesting I reckon.

Comment

• It will probably take me a month to read all the Hive and Drone forums.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• When will you authorize 'new' members, Hercules?
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Sorry to keep people waiting, I found a worse drug than Everquest.

2115 -> Kody

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
                          When will you authorize 'new' members, Hercules?
                          I'll go check now for new requests.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Jamski isn't it turn 2117?

Because I've got a 2116 save file in my outbox.
                            Also your new turn 2115 save is sitting right under your old 2116 save.

Comment

• Jamski's on drugs?

What is everquest? Oh it's a game. Phew.
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Jamski please send turn 2117 instead of turn 2115. Otherwise Enigma will suffer the destruction of his formers all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X