Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 2116 passed to believers.

Comment

• Can't have been too bad for EN - #1 on the Powerchart...
      Uh huh I noticed Enigma dropped last turn. This turn he jumps in the power graph even higher than before as if there was no disaster.

Amazing I must learn more of these techniques to come to an opinion.

I still don't quite understand resource pulsing
      Resource pulsing actually refers to a paradigm. Where you concentrate on one resource at a time at the expense of others. Due to the way the game works it proves additional bonuses in certain situations.

The particular one that I thought was dodgy, but seems to be acceptable to some people is to do with base starvation. When you don't have enough food to feed everyone normally, you can partially starve your base. As long as you have at least 1 food in the nutrient bank your base will never starve, even if you actually come out with -15 nutrients. Consequently, it means you're feed each citizen less than 2 nutrients over 2 turns. You make sure you get +1 food overall one turn then following turn neglect food completely.

Comment

• Rocky terrain provides no bonus in Psi combat. The only things that matter are:

Air/Sea/Land
        Morale
        Trance/empath/NA/DT
        Planet rating
        Sensor
        Defending in a base
        Against the planet, the year
        AAA against locusts
        The faction ability "PSI" (not used in any of the SMACX factions)
        Defending in fungus
        Air drop/orbital insertion penalty?
        Hasty (only for non-native life)
        Non-combat penalty (except when defending in a base against the planet)
        ...anything else?

"Only" indeed...

Hopefully playing my turn in 4 hours.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

• Wait a minute...
          /me reloads his save and hopes he didn't do something dumb
          And I did - that MW has 4 directions in which to move, and one of them will be quite bad for me.
          No need to guess which way that worm will be moving. >_<

Comment

• It seems that worms will always attack an adjacent base, if one exists. Otherwise, they will very likely attack an adjacent unit, if one exists. Otherwise, they'll probably do something random and annoying.
            -BBC news

Comment

• They always do something annoying, that's for sure...
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 16th Year of Eden -> PKs
                -BBC news

Comment

• I don't really want to play this PBEM anymore. Perhaps someone find a replacement? I'll be willing to give them all the stuff I've come up with on this current game.

Although they'll probably need to tell me if they want the short version or the long version, and whether they want the turn orders for the next 10 years or whether they want to come up with turns themselves.

Comment

• *sigh* never mind I'm just being irrational.

Comment

• Bad day, huh?

/me sympathises...
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• No actually I had no idea I was so misunderstood.

Comment

• Well as I suspected the cheating in the cycon was roughly equal to that of the Hive. Only I tended to perfer wierd complicated cheats, compared to the easy ones the cycon used.

Also the diplomancy for both sides between Cycon and Hive towards each other was suprisingly the same.

Comment

• Somebody's having some moodswings.
                            Cheer up, Kody.

I have moodswings.
                            Generally from cynical to arrogant to frustrated to depressed (cycle ad infinitum)

Comment

• That resource pulsing thing is Ok by me. I just don't do it systematically the way you indicate. I don't see it as a cheat or illegal. It seems well within the boundaries.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
                                Well as I suspected the cheating in the cycon was roughly equal to that of the Hive. Only I tended to perfer wierd complicated cheats, compared to the easy ones the cycon used.

Also the diplomancy for both sides between Cycon and Hive towards each other was suprisingly the same.
                                Kody, can you give me more specifics? I am curious myself since I'm not aware of cheating within CyCon from the time on I participated. I readed about the base discovery thingie in black tiles, and the hassle about Doc: Init with PEACE, but that's about it...
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X