No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have formers, perhaps the only one in Planned, you are in the tech lead. You could easily produce a scout to guard your bases. What is a couple years set back when you think about 200 years in the future? Come back and fight with us!
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Ah, he is serious? No smacktalk for a change?
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Dammit, I still need my turn though. If he does want to run off like a coward, then he should at least self-destruct his bases and send on the save.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I don't know what to say....

Currently I have zero units heading in your direction. I'm not even planning on meeting you anytime soon, because I highly doubt any useful trading will occur since I don't have any techs you want, and you seem rather standoffish calling me your main opponent all the time.

As for the mindworms that's pretty bad luck, and if it makes you feel any better. Jamski actually was playing 2 factions and lost the colony pod for 1 faction. That means he actually only had a 1/4 loss of overall power, opposed to a 1/2 loss of power as his post originally suggested.

*s*******
          Bet Jamski feels like hammering me right now

Comment

• If he has no password set as you indicated, I can replay my turn and do things in his...

But that's too soon to decide on. Let's first see if he really means it.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The no password thing I guess is because Enigma had resigned.

If Enigma is pursuaded by us and plans to come back, and if he didn't save before he resigned then he would have to replay his turn. And he may not get two worms.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
                *s*******
                Bet Jamski feels like hammering me right now
                Oh my, poor Jamski. You are such a brave soul.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                  The no password thing I guess is because Enigma had resigned.

If Enigma is pursuaded by us and plans to come back, and if he didn't save before he resigned then he would have to replay his turn. And he may not get two worms.
                  Ah, this is tricky stuff indeed...
                  Then if he doesn't sent on a valid turn to Jamski, we have to work by the CMN. Is it even possible to forward a valid turn (press 'end turn') when a player has resigned?
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• What do you mean? Somebody else take over Enigma's faction?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• No, that's not what I meant. Working by the CMN means then that he opens 'nigma's turn and selfdestruct the whole rimram. The 'forward a valid turn' thingie is that perhaps the popup where the player can 'save and exit' to the next players doesn't popup anymore. Don't know this since I haven't experienced this situation before.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• It happens.

Ok, shall we agree the game is better without him, I'll open the turn and do my very best not to learn anything about the map, and then self-destruct everything.

Or shall we wait?

I sent an e-mail about 10 hours ago, but no response yet.

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Oh yeah, that's right John, but it still wasn't the situation you'd wish for. You simply play on though, and hope the luck balances out. When the other faction hits the b-drone limit, they can gift a CP or two to the first faction, and it will be ok... I hope

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                            Ok, shall we agree the game is better without him, I'll open the turn and do my very best not to learn anything about the map, and then self-destruct everything.
                            Darn him, why couldn't he sent the turn to the CMN if he wanted to resign.

I say wait a bit till more opinions are heard, but for me you can do as you suggest when a majority stated so.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Well I thought that in a pbem if somebody were to resign, he needs to first self-destruct all his bases first. But Enigma might have been in a bad mood so he might have forgotten about it.

I say let's give Enigma a day to think it over. If he still decide that he will resign, then perhaps Geo can send Enigma's turn to CMN and we'll go from there. Although I still hope Enigma can come back.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Think Enigma wouldn't want someone to take over his faction, that's why he resigned rather than calling someone to take over. I suppose he would perfer the self destruct if he isn't going to be playing anymore.

My current vote is fence sitter, that way we've got an odd number of votes with 5 players voting. Anyway I'm kindof torn both ways, the more selfish side tells me it's good Enigma is gone and the other side thinks it's a bad thing.

In Enigma's defence, it's rather rare finding people that average turns with less than 6 hours. I think the average between all regular players is more like 12-16 hours. Not counting people that start getting kicked out of games. This game just seems to have a faster than usual mob.

Also an observation on Enigma's behaviour. When he quits something I've noticed he tends to avoid posting for a bit. Basically that's what happened with the police state game and the ACDG.

So extrapolating we'll probably hear from him in 5 days if he doesn't have an interest anymore in this game. Otherwise he'll probably talk to us tomorrow when he wakes up (about 2-7 hours from now).

Comment

Working...
                                X