No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My times would have been shorter in the beginning if that forward delay of HH's internet provider didn't happen. Also, did you count out the resents I had to do in the beginning because you didn't warn that hotmail accounts were ignored in your inbox, Enigma? And lastly, usually HongHu forwards the turn when it's full night in my time zone. Hope you don't mind that I don't have an alert on my computer that warns me of an incoming turn?

Edit:
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I need some way to be alerted when I get the turn.
      Is there any way I can get a pop-up when someone replies to this thread?

Comment

• Let 'Poly sent automatically an email to your inbox, perhaps you can let that one give you a warning of an incoming mail?

But that has his hazards now, seems some people were banned for a while because their provider commits some mail bouncing...
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• The auto-mail I know, but how on earth do you get a pop-up (or a sound warning) for incoming mail?
          I've never bothered to learn how to set up Outlook Express.

Comment

• Enigma you really take the time to study this. For me at least it should be fairly consistent. I'll be doing my turn around the 10pm the day I receive my turn. So my turn time could vary from very short to very long but should not be longer than 24 hours unless special circumstances.

As for early worm rush, it's a pitty I've only got Lily last turn. Hopefully she grows fast and can find herself some companions. She can't really fly, she hovers above the ground for a short while but she needs to drop back to the fungus. However, according to my research, there is flying potential inside her biostructure. Oh and I set up my second base on nut really based on my individually thinking too.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Comment

• test

EDIT:
                Yes, I am now notified of any new mail to this thread.
                If you see a post by noobsmac, it's just me subscribing to a thread.

Test it out - see how fast I reply!

Comment

• Have you notified the mods about a possible DL Enigma?
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• noobsmac uses a proxy, so they can't IPdetect me.
                    I suppose I should let the mods know, right?
                    -if I stop posting, the reason is because I am banned-

Comment

• Wonder if one can take out a registration if it is not needed any more? I mean with so many posters with 0 or 1 post. I guess most of them won't bother to delete their registration but even if they want to they may not be able to?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Well if Cap'n Hercules don't send over the turn in the next 30 minutes I'll see you guys at 10 pm again.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Typo: doesn't is better...
                          Does this mean the DG turn is about to appear?
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Hey noobsmac, why not using your other DL for testing?
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Well what I get is a file called winmail.dat. That is a long way from a '.sav' file

And I get gibberish when I try to do something with it.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Now my primary email account is down entirely. Maybe they were having some problems before? In any case, I sent the turn yet again, from another email source.
                                "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                                -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                                X