Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uranium Flats tracking thread

Turn tracking thread for Uranium flats.

Large Random Map, slight modifications for balance, transcend.

All victories, Do or Die, Look First, No Unity Survey, No Random Events.

Crisler as Gains : crislercomputers at msn.com
    Laz as Hive : Kris_no1 at hotmail.com
    Themonger as Uni : no1inparticular at graffiti.net
    #endgame as Morgan : weldingmaskman at hotmail.com
    Jamski as the Peacekeepers : j_maunders at yahoo.co.uk

Miriam and Santiago as there charming selves, with some stolen independent terraformers.

First move sent to Crisler, year 2102. Remember, unzipped moves can represent too large an attachment and put a person's hotmail account over its storage limit.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Mahmoud ran through the hallways while the evacuation claxons went on and on. He stopped in the hallway outside the vehicle bay, where the heavy lifters and all the colonization equipment was. He saw a knot of his people there, in blue berets, facing off with some Yangs so-called security forces. Private army more like it. He saw the body, dressed in a mottled green uniform, with Santiago's shoulder patch. A submachine gun lay grasped in her lifeless fingers. How could humanity's last chance have degenerated to this.

"What happened ."

One of Yang's thugs stepped foward. "It seems that this individual had absconded with some survey records. We caught her just as she was getting through the airlock. Somobody on the other side shut it after we fired, and..."

A vibration ran along the corridor. Another.

"Damn," Mahmoud muttered. Then, louder, "Does anybody know who and what the hell just launched."

"Well, sir," one of his people started. Mahmoud peered at the name tag. Stark. We got here just as she was going through. I saw one group in the green uniforms like this one, and they were in an argument with a bunch of those neo-Puritans, in black and all that. Run by that fanatic, what's her name."

Stark leaned over. "She was carrying some sort of folder. It was labeled 'Fissionables survey'. Yang's goon grabbed it, but it's pretty badly torn up." Mahmoud looked up, and saw the folder Stark was discussing tucked under the arm of Yang's man. Well, remains of a folder. Soaked in blood, and badly scorched by hand laser fire. "We got here, told them to back off, and then you showed up."

"I have to go and report back to the chairman," stated the man who was in charge of Yang's detachment. He barked some orders in Mandarin, and the detachment marched off.

Mahmoud raised an eyebrow. Chairman now. He wouldn't tell them that the survey section had taken a direct hit by the remnant of that comet's tail. Just a few more measely tons of fuel, and none of this would have happened. Now the only survey was destroyed, because some trigger happy fool had shot the last person with the data. Idiots.

Mahmoud started seaching the corpse. He recoiled from the smell, burnt flesh and melted synthetic. He noticed a chain around her neck. He pulled out the still steaming, partially melted crucifix. That explained how Miriam was in a position to mess up whatever Santiago had planned. The two *****es deserved each other.

Then he found it. A data chip, with the plastic belt buckle melted around it. It was still hot, but he didn't care. Maybe the academic types could recover something. The greens had already launched a survival pod, Diedre had managed to make certain the biology section was adjacent to one. They must have had an idea what Santiago had been up to. Maybe the data chip would help the real representatives of humanity. He'd hand carry to Previn, he'd know what to do.

He rushed down the hall, and saw a group of Morgans men hauling something large down the hall. He paused, peering closer. A jacuzzi? Only that unrepentant sybarite would think of salvaging that in the middle of the ship breaking up. He shrugged his shoulders, and rushed to find Previn.
    Last edited by Mr. Harley; January 10, 2004, 12:48.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Did my "goons" bring me back anything important ?
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

That's why I mentioned it was in such bad shape. Unfortunately, all you are aware of is that there are uranium flats.

Comment

Oh, and that you have "goons".

Comment

So I'm LAST in the list

Great.

Do we set our own passwords?

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Who has the turn?
              #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
              #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Turn 1 on the way to the hive...

Comment

Crisler has the turn - I put the game in traditional order, used the passwords I was sent, and if you didn't send one, I've sent you the one I chose. I had to resend Crisler the turn (half an hour later), I sent him my next to last version of the setup due the weird way SMAC orders saves, and I forgot that I had been working on three projects.

Comment

I don't have a password.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'll resend.

Comment

Turn sent.
                        Away we go

ACK !! 11 fungus squares within sight of my first two bases !?
                        Also The tech choices seem to be screwed up abit since for some reason i had a choice of only 2 and both were rather crappy ... ?
                        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

That's interesting on the tech choices - if you want I'll do a quick restart - I tried to force the Spartans into a tech choice and just kept adding - deleting techs versus reloading - I saw a thread before about choices and player sequence, maybe that screwed you up? I don't mind, it'll take me about 30 minutes. I'd have it done tonight, two tech just isn't fair. When I tested the scenario, I didn't think to check for that.

Comment

Laz, I caught Themonger before he ran his turn - so I'm resending the first turn. I just played that version of the scenario through, and I got 7 tech choices as hive in year 2101, and 7 or 8 choices for each other faction.

I then restarted, playing turn 2102 as each player asthough I had sent out the scenario. I founded a base and selected a tech for each player. The Hive got eight choices this time, and everybody but Uni got 7 or 8 - Uni got six, there's a thread I read once on how this works.

Laz, try making sure you have the XP patch loaded, and that you exit SMAX and then restart. I hate the bugs in the game, but we'll just have to work around them. Just for the record, you starting spot is just as balanced as the other players. I designed them each around the good parts (which go five-six squares away) not the bad parts. I did look at some other aspects of starting locations when I played mutliple turns through, you and the Gaians will find some slight alterations - so would the other players, but they won't realize the slight improvements.

Comment

ok thanks for that, sorry people i will have my scientists shot when the turn arrives again

Comment

Working...
                              X