No announcement yet.

No Way Jose - Turn Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game is still crashing at the end of turn. Let's have Hobbes replay his turn and see if we can avoid the problem? Thanks again for the files.

-S
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

• Replayed & resent.

If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• Thanks Hobbes. Unfortunately it still crashes. Would anyone please play the turn and see if you get the crash yourselves? I'm uploading it here. PM me for the password if you didn't catch it before

There's no way for me to play the turn at the moment. So as soon as someone else plays the turn, just upload it here and we'll play from there.
        Attached Files
        Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

• I have sent a copy to JDM who set up the game. Hopefully he can help.

Hobbes
          If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

Comment

• I played the turn Hobbes sent me and saved it also without crashing.

There was, however, a 'scramble' during the after-turn phase (an attack by one of the AI I believe). Perhaps it is the interceptor crash. Smack, have you had that problem before? done anything to innoculate against it (unload wheel mouse drivers, deactivate virus scanners, whatever)?

Comment

• I've never had problems with SMAC(X) before. Maybe one or two crashes from edge-of-map problems, but no unplayable crashes. However, I am always changing computers/systems. Recently I've been getting a good bit of edge-of-map problems, and now this. It's possible it's something hardware related of course, but that seems remote. I'll do an intercepter-crash test tomorrow to check.

Thanks for playing the turn JohnD. If it happens again I'll have to get a re-replacement, barring a hardware solution.

-Smack

Comment

• What is the status of the game? Where is the turn? Are we able to continue?

Comment

• All I did was test the turn to see if I could play it and save it; I was assuming that Smack was going to play it over (perhaps with a different computer or with some sort of adjustment to counter the interceptor bug), so I didn't play the turn particularly seriously or send the finished turn to anyone.

So, the turn is still with Smack as far as I know - don't know if he had any success getting past the problem on his computer or not. Possibly he just forgot that it is his turn still.

Comment

• Oh.

No, I cannot play the turn.

I was hoping you emailed it onward. I am planning on trying to play the next turn, of course, but if that fails I will need to be replaced.

If you do not of the time/inclination to play the turn I will find a replacement asap.

-S

Comment

• Dear 'No Way José' players, should we abandon this game?

Comment

• Seems a shame to do that considering what went into creating it, but I leave that decision entirely in you other's hands. I'm just a substitute, and one who cannot seem to play anymore.

Comment

• Well lets get another replacement then.

Hobbes

Comment

• I concur with H0bbes.
                            "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• Guys,
                              if you haven't gotten the replacement yet, I may have a reasonable workaround, assuming that the problem is not going to happen every turn for an excessive period time anyway. If, as it seems, Smack's problem is just the interceptor crash, which happens after he hits 'Turn Complete', then if he saves off a copy of the turn just before he hits 'Turn Complete', I can finish off the turn from that save and send it on to Rubin.

I could just play the turn, but there happens to be lots of decisions to make with units, and I have no idea what the plan is supposed to be, so I'd rather not try to figure out what to do.

So Smack, why don't you just play the turn as you want it. Then instead of hitting 'turn complete', do a regular save (preferably under a suitably unique name like "No Way Jose-Smacksim-2180-END.sav") and then send that to me and I'll do the 'turn complete' thing and send it on.

Anyway, for future turns, if Smack saves off an end-of-turn save each time before hitting turn complete, he can then either send the good turn on to Rubin if there are no complications or if the interceptor crash happens again, send the end-of-turn save on to me to finish off.

Presumably Smack, or someone else, will reduce Matsu's air force soon enough so that this phase of the game is behind us shortly; meanwhile, I don't mind doing a quick turn-open, turn-complete, turn-email thing when needed. I can handle this for a while anyway, but if if looks like it is going to happen every turn, I might eventually lose my enthusiasm; but not for a good while anyway.

I could also take over this faction, I suppose, but in addition to knowing everyone elses passwords, I think I also know too much stuff that seems to be still unknown at this stage of the game, at least to the University (and if I look at the other factions to see what they know, then I will know too much of that too), so you would probably be better off with someone else if you go the replacement route.

John

Comment

• Smack saving just before the end sounds like it's worth a try. What do you say, Smack?
                                "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
                                X