No announcement yet.

Turns (Classic Game Smac I)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to download it (the map) and have a look but the link I had didn't work. I tried CGN too but that didn't work either. Can you provide a working link?

Net Warrior
    Last edited by Net Warrior; October 21, 2003, 19:48.

Comment

Flubber: Sorry to break in, but the SMACX patch v2.0 does NOT upgrade SMAC to v5.0. You need to install the Win2000/XP compatibility patch too. Otherwise, your maintenance costs will be wrongly calculated (you'll only pay 1/3 of the actual upkeep costs). I believe you can patch it on top of the v2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
        Rule point

Since the Ultimate Builders Map is a " known map", we must all feel free to take a look at all the terrain features of this map ( by downloading or opening up a blank copy). THis makes things equally fair to people that have played the map before and those that have not.

I am playing this map at the moment in another PBEM so I couldn't avoid looking at it even if I wanted.
        Aren't we playing the standard map of planet in this first game? DilithiumDad's map was supposed to be used in the second game.

Comment

I thought we were on the ultimate builders map but either way is fine
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Who has the turn ?? It appears that the last posted pass was to kratylos about 30 hours ago.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Who has the turn ?? It appears that the last posted pass was to kratylos about 30 hours ago.
              Like I posted earlier, I've sent the turn to Kratylos.

Flubber, have you installed the "Alpha Centauri Win 2000/XP Compatibility Update"? This is the 5.0 patch and it's available here. Everyone should have it installed.

Comment

wait for game turn.
                Best regards,
                Kratylos
                www.civ.org.pl

Comment

Originally posted by Kratylos

wait for game turn.
                  Resent to krawczykm AT plusnet DOT pl. I first sent the save to kratylos AT civ DOT org DOT pl, the address from which I received your first email. Sorry for the mix-up.

Comment

sent turn to PK.
                    Best regards,
                    Kratylos
                    www.civ.org.pl

Comment

Turn received but I'm leaving for work in 5 minutes....

Comment

I downloaded the compatibility patch-- Does that mean that everyone in all my games need it now?? What impacts will it have if someone does not?

Comment

I downloaded the compatibility patch-- Does that mean that everyone in all my games need it now?? What impacts will it have if someone does not?
                          The answer to both: I don't know.

I did try to search for the answer and I found some threads concerning the matter:

This is what qwillybj said about the matter:

Originally posted by gwillybj
                          Also re the XP patch: All players in a MP game must use it, or none must use it; if one player in a 2-player PBEM has the patch and the other doesn't, the saves from either player will not be read correctly by the other's version (v4 by v5 and v5 by v4).
                          However, if I understood things correctly, you played your first turn without the 5.0 patch and yet I was able to open it? In any case, I really wouldn't want to play without the 5.0 patch since the bugs it fixes are very important. If this means we have to restart the game, I'd say we should do it.

Comment

2102 to Flubber

Comment

I received the turn and will play in a couple of hours--hmmm I assume that some of my opponents (playing smax ) would have had XP

Is this an issue only with Smac ??

Comment

I received the turn and will play in a couple of hours--hmmm I assume that some of my opponents (playing smax ) would have had XP

Is this an issue only with Smac ??
                                Yes this is only an issue with SMAC. The SMAX 2.0 patch is "fully patched", but the SMAC 4.0 misses some essential bug fixes, like the GA pop boom fix and maintenance bug. Therefore, the 5.0 patch (XP patch) is needed in order to be able to GA pop boom in SMAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X