ShiNing1's mod: available for SMAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShiNing1's mod: available for SMAX?

I love what he's done, but I don't relish the thought of making similar changes to SMAX . Has ShiNing1 or anyone else modded SMAX along the same lines?

Small *bump*

See subject.

Comment

I don't think so, but I did download SNAC and had a look at what had changed.

A lot of SNAC combat was centered on countering the overwhelming effectiveness of missile units. This has been addressed legitimately in SMAX, without giving defenders such exaggerated bonuses (facilities and orbitals make up the difference) so I would suggest that you leave the combat system alone.

I had a look at Marid_Aurian's proposed changes and I sort of mixed them together with ShiNing1, especially the SE choices and the terraforming choices (to even them out a bit more).

I also eliminated choppers from the game entirely, and the Cloudbase Academy. I liked the factions as they were to begin with so I didn't fiddle much with them.

If you want I could send you a copy of my alphax.txt file. THere's still a few minor tweaks I would like to make when I have time, mostly to do with the facilities.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I would appreciate a look at your txt file as well.

Comment

Alinestra,

I would like to see your alphax.txt file. I have customized mine with some of the ShiNing1 changes. Delaying the choppers and reducing their movement seems to really help, but maybe I should try without them.

Comment

Just a note about reducing the Chopper movement range, regardless of whether you delay the time of their appearance.
            The Unity Pod content algorithm will not take the reduced range into account. Thus, Unity Choppers you reveal may be out of range of the nearest base and will therefor crash and burn.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
            X